PDA

View Full Version : Palpatations/Citalopam

Debs78
17-03-08, 21:44
I've been on 10mg of citalopam for 10 days for anx/dep and the palpatations seem worse than ever, lasting for 30 mins at a time. Yesterday it happend about 8 times.

Does anyone have any tips of how to ease them? I can't take beta blockers as i've got asthama. I've tried deep breathing but they seem more uncomfortable when I lay flat.

Laying flat seems to bring them on to, is this normal?

Thanks in advance :)

Debs x x

willitstop
18-03-08, 14:34
Hi i to suffer with palpitations on citalopram but they do get easier so persist and it will get better try propping yourself up instead of lying down flat it may help.
good luck

roziexwx
18-03-08, 16:22
hi, i was put on citalopram to EASE my palpitations,and i must say they are tons better,apparantly they were anxiety related so the citalopram was prescribed,i suffered for years after having an mi,but no longer i feel great now.:D

Rennie1989
19-03-08, 11:49
Debs

I had the worst palpitation in the world a few nights ago, it wasn't just a flutter in the chest, it was POUNDING against my rib cage, it felt like it was hitting the bed. It was horrible!!

Unfortunatly palpitations is a side effect of citalopram (I'm guilty for reading the side effects list ...) so don't worry. It should ease off soon.

Debs78
22-03-08, 17:29
I'm please so say they've eased off loads. Hope they stay away :)

Debs x x