PDA

View Full Version : Heyy everyone

rowan_
18-03-08, 05:49
I just came across this site after having a numerous panic attacks and really worrying myself. I'm really glad i found it and I feel slightly at ease knowing I'm not alone and there seems to be a lot of you!

I'm just wondering, those that suffer from panic attacks also, how do you find you cope with them? Is there anything that particularly helps calm you down? For me they've got really bad, getting to the point where I have to sit in my hallway or outside when I feel it coming on because I feel like something's going to happen to me and no-one will find me or know where I am :(

Hope to hear from you all!
Rowan x

cookyfemale
18-03-08, 07:37
Hi Rowan,
I'm new to this site too, but have been suffering from panic attacks for over 7 years. I could more or less control the feelings by breathing deeply, but then after seeing the doc a month back i upped the dose (fluoxetine,[sp]). I use to worry before about maybe having a heart attack, but since taking higher dosages, my attacks got really worse, so much so, i thought i would be in hospital.
I have a partner and 3 children, 2 of whom are both younger than 5.... I have not had any proper sleep for the past few nights, but i have been trying to stick to doing the deep breathing to help me through the worse attacks. I have also cut the meds back to 1 tablet a day. After having a word with a doc yesterday, i feel a little more better about the reasons for waking up in the night with a rapid heart beat. I guess he told me something i didn't really understand before, but you know these meds are supposed to help the serotonin (makes adrenalin). So in turn this would make you heart go quicker at times.
I now have to wait nearly 2 weeks before i get blood tests and other test done, to see if i am at risk of heart problems.
I completely understand your worries when it comes to being found.

Tracy:yesyes:

Lindalou64
18-03-08, 12:13
Hello Rowan And Welcome.........wish Ya Well........linda

trac67
18-03-08, 19:07
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

chalky
18-03-08, 20:33
Hi Rowan,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

nomorepanic
19-03-08, 20:03
Hi Rowan

Just wanted to :welcome: you aboard.

Lovely to see you here and hope we can be of some help

Nibbles
19-03-08, 20:40
Hi Rowan and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. The links on the left are full of useful information and are a great place to start.

Take care,

Mike :)

Lilith1980
20-03-08, 14:08
Hi Rowan

Welcome to NMP hun :)

Jo xxxxx

heidi
20-03-08, 15:52
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd152/heidi51/Hello-1.gif

Welcome to NMP, you will get loads of advice and support here and make many friends along the way...Don't forget to visit the chatroom !! :hugs: