PDA

View Full Version : Reassurance Needed! - Nosebleed!

JulieAs45
18-03-08, 08:55
:huh:

I woke up this morning and realised that in the night I had had a really bad nosebleed. I've NEVER suffered from nosebleeds so this is totally out the blue and I'm panicking big time. Thought health anx was under control but this morning it has got the better of me, infact if I'm honest it has been getting the better of me for weeks. Now I'm imagining all sorts and getting myself in a state. Just need some reassurance really or maybe reasons why this would happen, I really don't want to google symptoms as I've not done that for so long and know that can do more harm than reassure.

Anyone any ideas why this might of happened? Maybe someone could just kick me and tell me to pull myself together, that might work! I mean how likely is it that your brain can fall out thru your nose :scared15: Lol!! Any help would be good.

Thanks for reading!

Julie
:weep:

kellie
18-03-08, 09:47
hiya julie. well hun if your brain is as small as mine who knows what could happen :roflmao: . no hun seriously you know that carnt happen. lets think about this.
1. have you been stressed latley and is your blood pressure up. that can give you a nose bleed so have it checked.
have you rencently go over a cold or flu? and was sneezing a lot? the blood vesiles could just be week.
3. are you just picking it to much :D sorry im a cowbag.
4. how bad was the bleeding ? .
but sometimes we can just have a nose bleed and we dont know why you may have sinus trouble. if it happens again go see the doc about it. if it dont stop worrying or i will kick ya bum for ya. my hubbie went to a&e once for a servier nose bleed it was pouring they stopped it gave him a check and a blood vesal had broke he aint had it since. i dont think you have anything to worry about hun everyone gets a nose bleed at some time us health anx stupid ppl just take it to far. take care hun :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxx

JulieAs45
18-03-08, 10:14
Kellie

I don't pick my nose! I'm a lady!:mad:

Thanx for reassuring hun and thanx for msn chat too. Think I'm gonna go doc and have a chat with him, there's other stuff going on that is causing health anx too, so will get it all checked out and get on with my life! :yesyes:

Cheers again hun xxxxx

lorac
18-03-08, 10:30
Hi Julie

Sometimes my nose bleeds quite badly after I have had a cold or sinus problems. Nose bleeds can happen for no apparent reason so try not to worry too much, it probablly wont happen any more.

I'll kick your butt over the health anxiety if you kick mine. At the moment mine has gone sky high and I am even worrying about why I feel so cold have even got it in my mind that my legs will have to be cut off, how stupid is that lol. Sometimes we really do blow things out of proportion and they are very simple things we are worrying about. You are not alone with the HA.

Hope you get things sorted.

Love
Carol
xxx

Liverbird67
18-03-08, 10:49
I know nosebleeds can be quite scary, my 20 year old son has been getting them for years, he had a bad cold recently and I crossed him on the landing going to the toilet and was shocked at the amount of blood, he invited me into his room to look at the pillow and the sheets it looked like someone had been murdered. I have told him to go to the dr and get it checked out, (he doesn't worry about anything) apparently nosebleeds are quite common have a word with your dr hun, sometimes it is something and nothing, try not to worry, health anxiety ggrrrrrrr!

Horse
18-03-08, 11:43
I can sympathise with you.

My biggest fear are nosebleeds.

I had a bad one about 20 years ago and had to go to hospital (as a lot of people do). This was more than likely caused by a blood disorder which was in turn caused by something known as Coeliac Disease. Fortunately not as bad as it seems. Basically, I'm allergic to gluten (found in wheatflower and most grain) therefore, my body wasn't absorbing all the nutrients, vitamins etc that we need. Hence the blood disorder and also aneamia etc etc.

However, it seemed that every now and again I would experience a nosebleed although not quite as bad as the first. My most recent one was 2 weeks ago although it stoped as quick as it started. Not really a nosebleed as such, more a question of a broken blood vessel I think. I quite often get small amounts of blood in the tissue after blowing my nose first thing in the morning (again panic).

I had my blood pressure checked 2 weeks ago and it was normal to high. Iv'e never suffered from high BP before but obviously suffer from high anxiety. Being as our BP can change all the time during the day and night it is difficult to monitor. However, nosebleeds can be caused by high BP, sinus infections, colds, blowing the nose too hard as well as lots of other things.

All I know is that doctors don't get too excited over them because they are so common...and always look worse than they are.

I would recommend you get checked out...BP, blood test etc, just to rule out anything else. Some people get them all the time (as you will read by searching this forum) and don't pay too much attention to them.

I wouldn't Google it. As you say, you can read things you wish you hadn't.

If your BP and blood tests are fine, then you can just put it down to one of those things. Also it's amazing what we do in our sleep that we are unaware off. Before now I've looked in the mirror to find scratches on my neck that I'd done during the night.... totally unaware off.

Kevin.

JulieAs45
18-03-08, 12:23
Carol - thanx for the butt kicking! Consider yours kicked too :hugs: . Thanx for replying hun and sorry your HA is sky high, mine has be under control for a long time so shocked how I have reacted this morning. Hope you get some peace from yours soon hun xx

Liverbird - :blush: ok maybe I overreacted my room didnt look like a murder scene, still a shock tho lol! Grrrrrrrrrrr to health anx I totally agree! :mad:

Horse - Thanx for your advice, I will definately make an appointment to get blood pressure checked and will mention the nosebleed to him along with all the other stuff that has caused my health anx to return lately. Will continue to resist googling too :yesyes:

Thanks again, its helped loads!

Julie :)

flinty90
18-03-08, 15:20
Well ju we already spoken but i must have 20 nosebleeds per month easily, just my vessels in my nose are weak and its worse in the colder months, you have no need to worry, and just to put your mind at rest the blood pressure theory and nosebleeds are very rare indeed and a nosebleed is very rarely to do with blood pressure.

you are fine chick so stop ya worrying, and if you google you will definitely get a nosebleed cos i will smack ya on it lol xxxxx

bottleblond
18-03-08, 15:37
Hey Jules,

Ain't you not long got over a nasty cold?? could just be gunk left behind and it decided to come out!!

Love Lisa
xxx

manmoor
18-03-08, 16:13
Brain come out through your nose!!!!!! Well Julie you have no worries there hun as there has to be a brain to start with ffs even I knew that :roflmao: I think the bad cold you had there has maybe also led to the nosebleed.

P.S. :buttkick: :buttkick: :buttkick: pull yourself together :wacko: (like you asked) lol

:yesyes: well done for resisting google :yesyes: xxx

JulieAs45
18-03-08, 17:29
Thanx flinty, Lisa & Mandy :hugs:

Flinty - come and have a go if you think you're hard enough! :shades: You was a star earlier and really made me feel better after our chat, thanx hun really appreciate it x

Lisa - yes not long over a horrible bout of flu so could definately be to do with that, thanx hun x

Mandy - I didn't really think my brain could fall out my nose! That would make me as silly as you wouldn't it! :wacko: Thanks for the kicking it was just what I needed x

Thanx again everyone for all the replies, it's much appreciated and I do feel less panicky after the initial fright this morning lol! :yesyes:

erialc
18-03-08, 19:40
Ju hun :hugs:

Sometimes if you have had a cold or something maybe you get a nosebleed? I dont know I only had one once and completely freaked out.
My bro gets them all the time and that freaks me out too (maybe I am just a freak :scared10: lol)

Best idea go chat to the doc put ur mind at ease.

Claire xxxxx

p.s if all else fails have a relaxing eve with a glass of blush :winks:

chalky
18-03-08, 20:19
Hey Julie,

Just wanted to send you a hug.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You are a very special lady.
Best wishes,
Chalky