PDA

View Full Version : Go Lisa, Go Lisa! lol

bottleblond
18-03-08, 11:20
Hi Folks,

As some of you know ive been very agarophobic for some time now. I was a big poorly recently and on Saturday, i had to go down to the hospital for a couple of hours, i thought i would panic like mad but for some reason, i didn't.

Even though my health anxiety is still through the roof with everything that has happened, i got to thinking, if i can be put in a situation like having to go down to the hospital without having a choice in the matter and getting through that ok, then surely.....just surely, i can start pushing myself a bit, none of this around the block, or walking Ben 2 minutes to school. so.......

I just took myself on a little walk, to my local shop. only about 6 min walk there and back, but i just strolled there, got a bit edgy at the shop door as i was about to go in, but thought, if i have made it this bleedin far then i'm damn sure i ain't gonna run now. so i went in, got me cat food a treat for Ben, paid and then walked slowly home again :yahoo:.

I'm determind i have to do this, not coz someone says i have to, sets me a list of things to do, but for ME.

Just thought i'd share :biggrin:

Love Lisa
xxxxxxxx

manmoor
18-03-08, 11:29
Oh Lisa this thread has put the biggest smile on my old face this morning :D :yesyes: :hugs: Way to go girl :flowers: I'm so so proud of you hun :yesyes: xxxxxx :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

tayside lassie
18-03-08, 11:41
hiya Lisa ...well done and i bet you felt great .....anxiety stopped me going out for nearly two years ..but about two months ago i did like you went to a shop about 7-10 minutes from home and i felt great ..went back again the same day to see if i was able to do it again ..it gets better each time you do it ...and if like me one day you cant do it dont get upset just try the next day ..cause i have my off days and cant go .best of luck Lisa and may you continue to get better n better .

sally.....

pink daisy
18-03-08, 11:42
Lisa

That's Brilliant hun, welldone you!! oh im all excited lol
I bet you r buuzing happy and on a high.. this is wen i think its best to push ourselfs, telling ourselfs that it aint damgerous and it will settle!!

I say keep up walking to the shop hun and it will become as easy as walking ben to school.. oh yey we both getting confidence now :winks:

Kate xx

bottleblond
18-03-08, 11:51
Awwwwww thankyou Ladies xxxxxxxxx

louwilliams
18-03-08, 14:22
Lisa, I get my kids chocolate or somthing for a treat...not cat food mate. That kiddy of yours has strange taste in treats :roflmao:

Seriously well done you hun- keep it up xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lindalou64
18-03-08, 14:32
Thats Great Lisa Hun Good For You Keep Up The Good Work ........love Linda Xxxxx

Lilith1980
18-03-08, 14:34
:yesyes: Well done Lisa, that's such an achievement hun :yesyes:

You should feel really proud of yourself. Keep going with it hun :D

Jo xxxxx

bottleblond
18-03-08, 15:29
Thanks alot folks!! xxxxx

lmfao cat food was for the cat, Ben got chocolate lol

xxxx

jodie
18-03-08, 16:57
hiya lisa :bighug1:

well done you just take baby steps you will get there mate i know you will .

jodie xxx

bottleblond
18-03-08, 18:09
Thanks Jodie mate xxx

Pickle
18-03-08, 18:32
Well done Lisa, the baby steps seem to be working

Onwards and upwards :yesyes:

Take care

Coni
18-03-08, 18:55
Wow Lisa....you really are on a roll!!! A huge well done and loads of hugs from me!
:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:
Luv Coni XX

erialc
18-03-08, 19:35
Wello Done chick am sooo pleased for u xxxx

Claire xxxx

trac67
18-03-08, 19:38
Way to go lisa, you go girl :hugs: :hugs: well done mate

Love

Trac xxx

bottleblond
18-03-08, 19:59
Thanks alot you peeps!! i recon i been so worried recently about my health that it's kinda oushed my Agaro to the background allowing me to kinda overlook it!!

Just wish we could have it all ways!!

Loads of Love

Lisa
xxx

chalky
18-03-08, 20:11
Hi Lisa,

You are doing brilliantly!!!

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

Keep believing in yourself.
Go girl!!!
Best wishes,
Chalky

Southern_Belle
18-03-08, 22:40
Hi Lisa,

Great job, keep taking those walks and you will get there.

Huge hugs,

Laura

Piglet
19-03-08, 09:47
Lisa I totally relate to this and feel just the same about myself.

I too have had a difficult 6 months or so and way too much stress one way or another but equally it has shown me that while I may have found going out difficult I have never the less managed it and I'm now able to build on it.

I had my first CBT session yesterday and this is exactly what my therapist said to me - all the things I have had to go out of the house for have sort of been forced exposure.

You keep going hun because every journery starts with but a single step doesn't it.

Well done :yesyes:

Love Piglet :flowers:

PUGLETMUM
19-03-08, 09:54
:yahoo: hey lisa, that is fantastic news! i had a similar situation in september and i saw it as a positive, because it reminds us that we can and do cope:yesyes: its another chapter in the book of recovery from agoraphobia - the crazy condition that we unfortunately have been afflicted with:shrug: us agoros are all here to help one another to freedom and to be happy again with life - we can all do it:hugs: :flowers: take care and be very confident and positive that this is a significant moment in your recovery? happy easter, emmaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nibbles
19-03-08, 20:58
:yesyes: Well done Lisa, that's fantastic news :yesyes:

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Take care,

Mike :hugs:

lisalou
06-05-11, 12:03
well done! lisa you should be so pround of your self i know how you feel :) i've started to go out to shop and started to go in the car only round the block but it is getting better just keep going to shop everyday!! it is a good feeling when you have got to the shop i was so pleased!! with my self and you should be just keep it up and be posative!! go lisa go yayyyyyyyyyy x :D

nomorepanic
06-05-11, 14:57
Please note this post is over 3 years old now.