PDA

View Full Version : Introduction from another newbie

Gerry
18-03-08, 16:02
Hi everyone :blush:

I'm new to the site and thought the best way to start was to introduce myself.

My name is Gerry; I'm nearly 46, married with six children and live in Surrey. As well as being registered disabled with a number of physical conditions (HMS, EDS, ME..to name but a few) I also have what I call my psychological problems, in that I have suffered from recurrent severe depression since I was a child, I have panic Attacks, I get Anxious, I have O.C.D, Low self esteem, Palpitations, some degree of Agoraphobia and I constantly worry about dying. I am overweight because I can't exercise due to my disability. I rarely go out unless I am with someone else, can't get myself to parent's evenings because of panic attacks, and have no friends. I have people I know, but severed a life long friendship last year when I realised (after 45 years) that this person was simply using me to boost their own ego. I'm happy in my own company, but would like a friend. However I am hopeless at remembering details, faces, names etc, and when someone smiles at me because they recognise me, and I look back blankly, they assume I'm being standoffish, and give me a wide berth.

I always try to be polite to others, try to be objective in my views (seeing both sides to things) and try not to offend. However, this seems to make me an easy target for bullies who know I won't retaliate.

My depression of late has been bad to the point where I have contacted the Samaritans because I had been having suiscidal thoughts.

At the moment I see my life as a waste. I look around me in dispair every day at the mess, and wonder if I will ever be able to sort it out and be happy, or if I am destined to just live like this until I die because I simply don't have the get up and go needed to change the situation.

I did join another site a little while ago, similar to this, but based in the states. I found someone to chat to whom I felt had a similar situation to myself, but despite receiving up to five or six emails a day from her, none of them were her own work, just 'round robin' letters passed on by her. In the end I had to ask the site admin to remove my account because i was getting so wound up by the constant stream of 'waffle' she was forwarding to me. I didn't have the guts to tell her to stop, so I had to leave.

My hobbies include tracing my family tree and many different crafts.

Looking forward to chatting to some of you.

Gerry
:)

Lilith1980
18-03-08, 16:42
Hi Gerry

Welcome to NMP :)

You dont need to fear of any "waffle" around here, you'll get loads of advice and support ;)

Good to have you here.

Jo xxxxx

yorkylover
18-03-08, 16:48
Hi Gerry and:welcome: you will makes lots of friends here.:yesyes: :yesyes:

lorac
18-03-08, 16:59
Hi Gerry and welcome you will meet loads of friendly people on here with lots of good adivse to offer.

Take care
Love
Carol
x

andie73
18-03-08, 18:05
Hi I'm a new member tooo. Just joined today. Hoping to discover that the derealisation I've been feeling is not the on set of total insanity! GP said it's a common symptom of axiety and everything i've read confirms that but it would be nice to hear from others who are experiencing this strange feeling too.:scared15:
Gerry, no life is a waste, I'm sure you will find a way through with the support of people who KNOW!!!!!

Andie

trac67
18-03-08, 19:01
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

kellie
18-03-08, 19:36
hiya gerry :welcome: to nmp it lovely to have you here :D . you will make lots of great friends as well as get lots of support and advice from all the great ppl who use this site. dont forget we have a chat room and we would love to talk to you in there. take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:.

kellie .xxxxxxxxxxxxx

chalky
18-03-08, 20:23
Hi Gerry,

Welcome to the forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

tayside lassie
18-03-08, 20:36
hi gerry ..big welcome from me too...great site and every one is friendly and helpful ...and i too love genealogy :hugs:

sally.....

Lindalou64
19-03-08, 11:40
Hello Gerry And Welcome......i Wish Ya Well...........linda

always anxious
19-03-08, 12:19
hi everyone!!

my names jake and im 18. i live in brighton and have been suffering from anxiety/panic attacks for about 6 months now. i was told about this website and it seems great!! didnt know there where so many like me!! thought i was alone in feeling like this!! hope to get to know u all and chat about life!!

jake xx:)

nomorepanic
19-03-08, 19:56
Hi Gerry

Just wanted to :welcome: you aboard.

Lovely to see you here and hope we can be of some help

Nibbles
19-03-08, 20:30
Hi Gerry and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

heidi
20-03-08, 16:26
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd152/heidi51/blue.gif

Welcome to NMP, you will get loads of advice and support here and make many friends along the way...Don't forget to visit the chatroom !! :hugs:

samc100
20-03-08, 19:49
It's lovely around here Gerry.... hope you find some support and comfort to help you x