PDA

View Full Version : too good to be true

andy_uk
20-03-05, 19:18
well i thaught it was too good to be true i was doing really well with the panic attacks but now im panicking because i have had diarrhea on and off for around 5 weeks the doctors have done some tests and have put it down to anxiety at the minute but im still panicking over it i have lost just over a stone in weight since the diarrhea started and dont know wether i should go to the doctors again and ask them to do blood tests as they have only done a stool test upto now has anyone else experienced weightloss and constantly having diarrhea with anxiety dont know what to do for the best really worried about it.[:I][?]

"Tis easy enough to be pleasant, when life flows like a song. But the man worthwhile is the one who will smile when everything goes dead wrong"

Tracy68
20-03-05, 19:58
Hi Andy
I personally haven't experienced it but i know anxiety can bring it on. Was you anxious about anything when this all first started? To put your mind at rest though it may well be worth another trip back so the doctor can do some more tests. Could just be a stomach bug and because its made you low in spirits its taking time to shift.
Take care
Tracy
x

FAN
20-03-05, 20:03
hi if it will put your mind at ease then go back to the doc tell him you still got the diarreah and maybe he could check for if it could be anything else.........very unlikely as im sure gastro things show up in the stools and they been tested

are you eating properly as sometimes anxiety can cut your appetite so maybe your not eating enoughv which would explain at least some of the weight loss

fan x

"dont wait for the light at the end of the tunnel..........stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!

doddy
20-03-05, 20:31
hi andy,

glad to hear you have been doing so well and im sure you will continue to do so.

I use to have the same problem, lasted about two months or so with me, didnt actually go to the doctors as i kinds knew what it was, lost about half a stone in weight. I made sure that i still eat properly and tried to take some exercise.

If it helps then another visit to the doctor will do no harm as thats what they are there for.

the more you worry about it then the worse these things tend to get, im sure if you just take it for what it is, a nervous tummy and give it little thought then it will pass as your other symptons do to.

Take care my friend.

doddy

mjh74
20-03-05, 20:33
Hi Andy,

A friend of mine had taken a year out of work after taking redundancy. He decided to do something different and after a rest did some teacher training and started to take a few classes of 15 years olds. Shortly after, he started with diarrhea and had it for close to 3 months. He had all the tests under the sun and all showed as being clear. He stopped the teaching and quite shortly after the diarrhea stopped. He has been ok since....!

I hope this helps.

Mark.

andy_uk
20-03-05, 20:50
I kind of havent really been eating most of the time i have just one small meal a day because i think well i dont want to get diarrhea and if i eat i will but if i dont then it cant be possible to get it but i still get it now because i havent been eating i eat around the same amount as my 6 yr old and am full i really need to get this sorted out once and for all before i drive myself insane

"Tis easy enough to be pleasant, when life flows like a song. But the man worthwhile is the one who will smile when everything goes dead wrong"

sal
20-03-05, 23:15
Hi Andy

I know when i am anxious i get like that but not for so long. But it is part of anxiety and hopefully you will get it sorted soon hon.

Keep trying to eat though.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

henri
20-03-05, 23:20
hey andy,
whenever i go through a couple of days of really full-on panic, i always get a funny tummy. i know what you mean about not wanting to eat incase it makes it worse, but eating well really helps bring down your anxiety levels. i don't know why, but i've always been rubbish at eating properly but my doctor advised me to eat three times a day, lots of fruit and veg (and liquids) and while it makes the diarrhoia worse when i get it, it means it doesn't last as long as it might have done if i hadn't eaten anything.
anyway, don't know if that makes any sense, hope you are feeling better,
henri x

andy_uk
21-03-05, 00:33
thanks everyone well to top it all off i now have a toothache lol ah well poop happens off to the docs tommorow im going to ask them just to do some tests to put my mind at ease maybe they wont do them but i wont know unless i ask them

bubbles
21-03-05, 01:04
Andy,

Hope all goes well at the docs. I'm sure it is anxiety-fuelled but you need to put your mind to rest over it.

Linda. x

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

lainey
21-03-05, 09:08
Hi Andy

Hope it goes well at the GP's, at the height of my anxiety I lost about 21lbs in 6 weeks and also had diaorrhea, it's probably just Mr Anxiety doing his work, but I think it will make you feel better after you have been to the GP.

Take care

Elaine x

lisarose
21-03-05, 11:48
Hi Andy, Sorry to hear you have been feeling so ill. when I first started with my anxiety nearly 5 years ago I had lots of stomache problems, pains, diarreha, nausea etc and had lots of tests and was eventually diagnosed with IBS. whenever I am very anxious or stresses it always flares up again.

I hope you go o.k at the docs and I am sure you will be fine.
Take care
Love Lisaxx

nomorepanic
21-03-05, 17:16
Andy

I get long bouts of diarrohea too and the doc told me once it was anxiety so I have accepted that. Have you tried Imodium - that is very good and clears it up in a few hours.

Nicola