PDA

View Full Version : Hello

caz303
18-03-08, 19:19
Hi, I've suffered with anxiety about 3 times in the past 15 years or so and it's back now. It always starts with my inability to sleep which makes me anxious and then I can't sleep because of it!! It then spirals out of control leaving me really anxious.

Anyone else have the same problem?

My doctor has put me on mirtazapine for slight depression and alprazolam for the anxiety and I'm to return in 10 days time.

trac67
18-03-08, 19:20
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

kellie
18-03-08, 19:42
hiya cas :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :D . you will get lots of support and advice from all the great members here and make some great friends as well. yes ive been like you hun a number of times. lack of sleep starting anx and anx causeing me not to sleep nasty circle. but here has helped me so much and im sure it will you to. we have a great chat room so i hope you call in there sometime . take care hun :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:.

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

chalky
18-03-08, 20:12
Hi Caz,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

caz303
18-03-08, 20:21
hiya cas :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :D . you will get lots of support and advice from all the great members here and make some great friends as well. yes ive been like you hun a number of times. lack of sleep starting anx and anx causeing me not to sleep nasty circle. but here has helped me so much and im sure it will you to. we have a great chat room so i hope you call in there sometime . take care hun :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:.

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Any idea how to break out of this circle? I'm sleeping OK at the moment because of the medication but wake each morning asking myself 'how are you today' and immediately the anxiety starts again :scared15:

kellie
19-03-08, 07:59
hiya caz. i find staying away from caffine ( coffee tea, alcohol, and redbull like drinks ) can be a good help. limit yourself to these things. also have a cut off time from the computer and tv and have a nice warm bath and read for a while or listen to relaxing music in bed if you can. im not sure of your age hun or home circumstances to be able to do this . it may also take a fews wks to adjust so dont give in at the first hurdle ok. feel free to post to me again take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: .

kellie.xxxxxxxxxx

Lilith1980
19-03-08, 09:32
Hi Caz

Welcome to NMP, good to have you here :)

Jo xxxxx

Lindalou64
19-03-08, 11:39
Hello Caz And Welcome ...i Wish Ya Well......linda

nomorepanic
19-03-08, 19:58
Hi Caz

Just wanted to :welcome: you aboard.

Lovely to see you here and hope we can be of some help

Nibbles
19-03-08, 20:33
Hi Caz and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. Perhaps taking up some form of exercise may help you with getting to sleep?

Take care,

Mike :)

heidi
20-03-08, 16:20
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd152/heidi51/HelloRoses.gif

Welcome to NMP, you will get loads of advice and support here and make many friends along the way...Don't forget to visit the chatroom !! :hugs: