PDA

View Full Version : Survived the procedure - worried about outcome

JaneS
19-03-08, 08:20
Well I did it - went for my endoscopy yesterday. Hardly had any sedation so consider myself to be very brave. Problem is now I am confused and worried about outcome - although Consultant did say, as far as I can remember, that everything looked ok and he has taken 2 bi-opsies. Nurse said "that's good that it all looked ok, have taken 2 bi-opsies as precautionary measure." Is that usual if everything seems ok? I have to wait now and go back to clinic for results. Not sure whether to believe her as she said I would be sedated enough to sleep and I wasn't, and was too stressed to really take in what consultant said properly. Should I ring the unit up or will they think I am mad - also got really sore throat still this morning - is that normal? Wish I didn't worry so much about things!!

lesleyB
19-03-08, 09:52
Hi Jane, I think I would go with the everything is ok senario I am sure the biopsie was as he said a precaution.Poeple react to sedation differently so I woud'nt take much notice of that and yes it is normal to have a sore throat after this procedure.Hope everything is ok for you.:hugs: :hugs:
Lesleyb

yorkylover
19-03-08, 12:39
Hey Jane well done.Im with Lesley on this one,Im sure all is ok as they would have told you there and then if they had seen anything.But the biopsy they have to wait for the results to come back,It is usual to get a sore throat afterwards to.:hugs:

Well done on going.:yesyes: :yesyes:

Emira7
19-03-08, 13:34
Well done for being so calm!

I know what its like to keep thinking that you missed something they said and reviewing conversations. I am sure its all OK hun

Hugs
x:hugs:

JaneS
19-03-08, 13:45
Thanks to you all for your support. X

JohnBliss
19-03-08, 20:18
My throat was sore after my endoscopy which is not really surprising after having the equipment shoved down the throat.I'm sure that a biopsy is part of the procedure.In my case they could see straight away that I had an ulcer but they need todo the biopsy to make sure everything is OK
I'm sure everything is fine
John

chalky
19-03-08, 20:29
Hi Jane,

Well done for going through with this.
You have done really well!!!!!

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

Best wishes,
Chalky

kittykat
19-03-08, 21:14
Hi again ,

glad to hear evrything went okay, its natural to have a sore throat for a few days after it , i know mines was. They told me there and then thatb evrything was fine , the same as yourself, they,ve prob taken the biopses to be extra sure which is always a good thing but they would have told you there and then if anything wasn't right . Its weird how we always find something to worry about its that voice in the back of our head, its got a lot to answer for.
But well done you !!!!

shirley xx