PDA

View Full Version : the tide has turned.....

doddy
20-03-05, 20:40
Hello all you great folk,

Just wanted to post some good news.

For the last couple of weeks now ive actually begun to feel like my old self, the feel of DR/DP have seem to gone, I know how worrying these sensations can be but I sorted of said to myself a couple of weeks ago, well if i feel odd then i feel odd.....so waht....and you know when you say that and belive it they seem to go.........perhaps losing the fear is a good strategy. I truly think that it not the feeling of DP and DR that is the problem but what we associate with it, I use to think it was a sure sign of insanity, but its truly not, just the chemicals going mad!!! so when its there just let it be there and carry on as normal. its not the sensation but the thought you attach to that sensation that does the damage.

even read an article today in the paper about serious menatl health problems, which normally send me in a blind panic and worry that i will get it but it hardly touched me at all. I just felt a little sad for the people involved.

Anyway, enough of my rambling just wanted to let you all know that there is a light at the end of that tunnel, might be a bit of a long tunnel mind you!!! but just keep taking small steps towards it and before you know where you are youll be out in the sunlight again.

Take care,

Doddy

FAN
20-03-05, 20:43
great news that your on the up.......keep it up :D

fan x

"dont wait for the light at the end of the tunnel..........stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!

seh1980
20-03-05, 21:30
[Wow!] Doddy!! That's great news - keep up the good work!! :D

sal
20-03-05, 22:43
Hi Doddy

From how you have been feeling that is great news and well done you. It is great to hear how people are getting on and these positive posts really help those that feel there is not much light in that tunnel.

Well proud of how you are getting on.

Take care.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Karen
20-03-05, 22:45
Glad you are doing so well Doddy. Well done.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

henri
20-03-05, 23:47
well done doddy!
that is such great news. i love reading the success stories because it really makes me feel that i might feel like a "normal" person again one day.
keep it up!
henri x

bubbles
21-03-05, 00:41
Doddy,

Great news, you are doing really well.
Keep up the good work!

Linda. x

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

lainey
21-03-05, 09:52
Hi Doddy

That's great news, you have done so well mate, keep it up.

Take care

Elaine x

Laurie28
21-03-05, 12:15
Hiya Doddy,

Great news - keep it up

Lucky

Tracy68
21-03-05, 13:34
Hi Doddy
That's brilliant, you have got to be feeling pretty proud of yourself and rightly so. Keep it going :D.
Take care
Tracy
x

nomorepanic
21-03-05, 17:19
Great news Doddy

I am pleased you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel now!!

Stick at it ok and thanks for letting us know how it is going.

Nicola

Meg
21-03-05, 19:26
Hey Doddy,

Glad youºve not been missing me then.. Forgot to tell you I was absconding for a bit,
Glad chap is being good for you and hope all well at home with Sally.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

doddy
21-03-05, 20:56
another good day all, just wanted to post to let you all know that this thing can be beaten, I know how important it is to have hope.

taken near on 13 months for me but i truly believe that this has happened for a reason and im now confident that i take can what ive learnt from my worrying thinking into a whole spectrum of situations in my life.

even the lttle things that use to worry me, now can be put into persepctive........im actaully kinda of enjoying myself!!!! as odd as that might sound!!!

take care all.

doddy

lainey
21-03-05, 22:56
WELL DONE YOU!

TAKE CARE

ELAINE X

sal
22-03-05, 00:12
Hi doddy

Well done it all seems to be coming together and it is great to see how well you are doing.

Onwards and upwards hon.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.