PDA

View Full Version : 15 days in

Jon06121974
19-03-08, 11:00
Hi ive been on 20mg for 15 days now and feel awful!

Feel physically drained, Spaced out, dry mouth and anxious.

Just wondered if this is to be expected after a few weeks? anyone else find they were drowsy on this med?

Rennie1989
19-03-08, 11:26
I feel the exact same though I am on 10mg and this is day 9.

I do get very drowsy aswell, I slept alot recently but now I can't sleep at night and I wake up shattered.

trac67
19-03-08, 13:38
Im on day 18 of 20mg of citalopram and its only the past few days ive started to feel more like my old self, although i am still very tired all the time, stick with them though as it does get better

Love

Trac xx

Kitty121
19-03-08, 13:41
Hi y'all

Remember we are all different and effects may vary amongst us all. I occasionally have sleep disturbances, I mainly feel on top of the world and happy especially when the sun is shining.

I'm on 20mgs and have been from the start. I am on week 6 now and the first month i still felt anxious and a little panicky at times.

It all gets better and brighter, just take each day as it comes.

When I started on 20mg, I did feel tired all the time and I was yawning an awful lot. I don't feel tired all the time now and the yawning has calmed down. I did get nausea for the first couple of days and on Sunday I forgot to take my tablet in the morning and took it late in the afternoon. This made me feel ill. I have to take tablet before 8am otherwise I feel ill.

I used to sleep happily all weekend too. This has now passed and I am starting to live again.

I wish you well.

Kitty

willitstop
19-03-08, 15:41
Hi im on day 23 and still feel the side affects i think you just have to persist and see it through hoping that these ease off soon.
Good luck lets hope you feel better soon xx

shakygirl
20-03-08, 08:46
I am on week 5 and pretty much all of the side effects gone. Still wake up in the night but find that I feel OK and I go back to sleep again. Stick with it because I now feel so much better and the anxiety has all but gone.

Think positive thoughts and try not to focus on the bad effects (difficult I know). I go for a walk each day and chant positive things in my head as I walk (best one is the classic "every day in every way I am feeling better and better").

Jon06121974
20-03-08, 12:07
Thanks guys

I think we all expect miracle cures with meds and when we dont see any improvement or feel worse we doubt our diagnosis!

day 17 now and have had better spells but still waking very anxious, tired and nausea. fingers crossed for improvement over next week!

mandie
20-03-08, 12:19
Hi

Its day 9 for me on 20mg having been on 10mg for 6 weeks.

I to wake up feeling anxious, i have headaches and nausea and just feel crap.

Hopefully i just need to give more time and it will wear off

love mandie x

shakygirl
20-03-08, 13:15
My hypnotherapist said that if we go to bed thinking that we will feel cr*p in the morning then we will wake up and feel cr*p. Try telling yourself that you will wake up feeling calm and relaxed. I have done it since she said that to me and I now wake up feeling calm and relaxed, whereas before I felt terrible every morning. Also have a really calm bedtime routine, put some lavendar oil on a tissue by the bed, warm milk and don't watch TV in bed as it is a stimulant. Another good thing she said was that when waking in the night don't look at the time (it is really hard to do) because what happens is your brain looks at the time and thinks you want to be awake at that time and will keep waking you up each night.
Give it a try - they are all working for me.

frank
20-03-08, 13:38
on fourth week of 20mg of citalopram and anxiety is raging. And getting married next week. Thinking about going back down to 10mg

shakygirl
20-03-08, 13:52
Frank - can you ask your doc for some diazepam to keep you going until after the wedding? It worked a treat for me to help me get over the initial side effects. Alternatively check out www.meditainment.com
They have some brilliant relaxation meditations.

frank
20-03-08, 15:04
thanks Shaky. I'll check things out with my doctor

Liverbird67
20-03-08, 15:16
Frank if I was getting married I would be anxious!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously hun, best wishes, I have been on day 5 of 20 mgs of SEROXAT and I have had a bit of a blip today, but things seem to be getting better, I think we are all different and it is just a matter of time, think your anxiety is worse because you have a set date for the wedding and want to be better by then, what I am trying to say is that you are probably being too hard on yourself
hang on in there mate.

best wishes

Liverbird
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

willp
22-03-08, 13:51
Hi all,

I've been on Citalopram for a few months now and though I felt terrible for a few weeks, I have no side effects any more (though I'm a little more forgetful than I was). It does get better and in my experience is well worth it in the long run.

I got married in October too and I can relate to the associated anxiety but found it helped to remember that everyone there will be on your side and wants the day to be a success. It's far more important for you to enjoy the day than for every detail to be perfect.

Good luck,

Will

frank
23-03-08, 22:29
thanks will

Pebbles
26-10-08, 20:52
am on 10mg it works better 4 me yayaya