PDA

View Full Version : Ever since panic attack very concious of my breathing!

dlou84
19-03-08, 13:14
Ever since my PA 3 years ago, I am now very concious of EVERY breath I take.

Like your body breaths on its own, we dont NEED to worry about it.

Though when Im out especially, Im very concious of my breathing and I think this is triggering alot of the panic.

As before I didnt even THINK about my breathing. It just happens.

I guess that alot of people will share this one.

???

sandbanks
19-03-08, 13:55
Hi Dlou84

No What Your Going Through, Had My First Pa 18 Years Ago, And Since Then Have Suffered On And Of For Years, But One Of The Awfull Symptoms It Left Me With, Is Concious Breathing, I Think I Spent So Long Trying To Control It To Calm Down, Its Stayed With Me, And I Thinks Thats What Has Caused A Lot Of My Props Eversince, I Had A Bad Attack In Jan, And Thought I Had To Do Something This Time, So Went To Docs And He Put Me On Citlopram 10mg, And To Be Honesty, I Have Been Really Good, It Seems To Of Gone Out My Mind, And If It Does Creep In, I Feel Strong Enough To Push It Away, Where Before Once I Though Of It, It Would Be There For Hours And I Would Have To Just Keep Busy To Get It Out Of My Mind, But That Wore Me Down, Big Time, It's Annoying Because It Is In The Mind, But The Minds A Powerfull Thing!!! And If Your Not 100% Its Really Hard To Get Rid Of It.
I Really Feel For You I Had It For Years, But Your Have To Retrain Your Mind, Not Easy I No.
Wish Your The Best And Your Welcome To Email Or Pm Me If Your Need Someone To Talk To.
Take Care
Sandy

sandbanks
19-03-08, 14:02
Me Again

Another Thing I Spent So Long Trying To Avoid Any Thing To Do With Breathing, If Someone Talked About It Would Change Subject, If On Telly Would Turn Over.
Tried Yoga Once But Stopped Because Alway To Do With Breathing, But Now I Face It And Have Trained Myself To Slow Down Breathing And I Don't Worry About It So Much, They Say You Should Face Your Fears, Which It Was My Worst Nightmare, And Since I Have Practiced Deelp Breathing For Relaxation, It Dos Not Seem To Hit Me So Bad.
Might Be Worth Looking In To,!!!i Will Help If I Can.

Sandy

cassa
06-04-08, 21:42
I am suffering from PA for the past 10 years. Ihave been prescribed Venlor 37.5mg & Zapiez 0.5 mg everyday. The PA is very much in control except some times nowadays I suddenly become very conscious of my breathing & feel that I'm not doing it the right way & feel like I'm choking. This triggers a panic attack... any one here has a same feeling & can suggest remmedies please???

bluebell68
06-04-08, 22:19
Hi all... i have had this too and i find the only thing that works for me is distraction.. easier said than done i know, but it does work...when i feel like this is get up and do something... anything at all... i can only concentrate on one thing properly at once so i find something other than my breathing to concentrate on....and my body deals with the breathing bit on its own... its hard at first but it works....some sort of light physical activity like walking or sorting cupboards, dishwashing, hoovering etc works best for me.... Hope that helps
All the best

andrewc
07-04-08, 00:00
Hi all. Yep ditto. I think this is the worst of the after effects of anxiety and panic attack. Even after 7 months of medication and therapy I think of my breathing and make sure I can get a deep breath. I feel well now but catch myself concentrating on my breathing.I know that everything is OK but still this thought is sometimes with me. I also find that when I am preocupied with something else I dont think about it so although not easy you have to find something else to do when these thoughts are in your mind.

Wish you all well

Andy