PDA

View Full Version : Propranolol Panic!

sali
19-03-08, 13:20
Hi I just got prescribed propranolol and just took my first tablet. I've opened the instruction page and the first thing i read is that one of the symptoms can be wheezing or breathlessness (sometimes with a fatal outcome!!) Can someone please explain why my doc would put me on something that may have a fatal outcome or am i over-reacting? Ne1 else on prop experience the same worry and questioned it?

joy
19-03-08, 17:08
dont read the side effects! Millions of people are on propranolol and i doubt any have died. Loads on this site are on it so I'm sure they will assure you soon

Joy

belle
19-03-08, 18:26
I read that on mine and chose not to take them since i do have asthma

SammiB
19-03-08, 18:27
i havent died, the worst side effect i read was hallucinations but been on them for almost a year and i've had no side affects its like i'm not really taking them. hope everything works out with them

take care

caz303
19-03-08, 18:42
I was put on this today and I've found that it's definately taken the edge off my anxiety!

My doctor asked me a few times whether I was astmatic because you can't take them if you are. I think that maybe what you're referring to :)

sali
19-03-08, 19:11
Thanks for the advice guys, hope it works out for the best! Fingers crossed! :)

chalky
19-03-08, 20:31
Hi Sali,

Hope these Meds prove helpful for you.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Best wishes,
Chalky

mirry
19-03-08, 21:00
I have been on them a few months now and dont know im on them except for the fact that they have taken away a lot of the anxiety ,,,, i think they are fab..... wish i took them sooner.

bab
21-04-08, 12:33
Hi there

do they take away anxiety or just symptoms?

noonoo
03-05-08, 01:17
I will be honest with you and say I have noticed shortness of breath especially when i'm about to go to sleep. My breaths are usually longer but they've shortened since i've been taking them. I'm not worried though, try not to worry, they will help you x