PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new here too

andie73
19-03-08, 18:50
Hi my name is Andrea,married and in my mid thirties, I have had panic attacks since the age of 12. It fluctuates in severity from time to time but it has always been with me in some shape or form. It is amazing to me that the symptoms that bother me the most seem to have changed. It was always nausea that was the most unbearable and though that is still a biggy as I have emmetephobia(fear of vomiting) derealisation has begun to feature in my life in a huge way since Christmas. It's really strange and I don't really want to speak to soon but since the derealisation kicked in the panic attacks as I Knew them have subsided(don't think I could cope with it all at once).

Anyway I've joined as I was delighted to fel that I am not alone and would love to hear from anyone who suffers derealisation as I often worry that I am losing the plot. At Christmas -time I was convinced I was developing a serious mental illnesss despite the fact that my GP said I wasn't. I always wonder if I describe how I am feeling correctly as it is such a weird thing to put into words.

Sorry for going on a bit. That's me! glad to have found this site.:unsure:

nomorepanic
19-03-08, 19:54
Hi Andrea

Just wanted to :welcome: you aboard.

Lovely to see you here and hope we can be of some help

chalky
19-03-08, 20:08
Hi Andrea,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

kellie
19-03-08, 20:25
hiya andie :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :D . you will get lots of support and advice from all the great members here as well as makeing some new friends as you go. derealization can be a nasty and scary symptom of anxiety and panic attacks. ive had it myself on and off but it carnt hurt you at all just scare you. and your doc is right hun you aint got or gonna get a mental illness. we have a great chat room if you would like to call in and talk to us all.we also have a good giggle while we are in there. hope to talk to you soon take care hun.:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxx

Nibbles
19-03-08, 20:42
Hi Andrea and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. You've not 'gone on' at all so feel free to express yourself. :)

Take care,

Mike :)

Lilith1980
20-03-08, 08:56
Hi Andrea,

Welcome to NMP hun :)

Jo xxxxx

always anxious
20-03-08, 10:24
hi andrea!!

i to suffered from derealisation just before christmas and was convinced i was going insane and that i needed to be hospitalised. im new here too and so glad i found this websitr as everyone is friendly and share the same problems with each other

i hope you are ok

never stop fighting

andie73
20-03-08, 12:07
Hi everyone

Thanks it's great to know I'm not alone. Not really fantastic with pc's either so will prob make some mistakes. Just got on line in January! And wow!!! This is great tho I feel you can sometimes drive yourself mad looking up symptoms. This site is great tho, upbeat and positive.

Jake, it's interesting that you suffered derealisation at same time as me. How is it now? Mine is not as scary coz I've tried to learn about it but it certainly hasn't gone away. The more I think about it the worse it gets, which is comforting coz it proves it isn't a physical thing.

At Christmas I too thought I was going to end up hospitalised, which I was absolutely terrified of as I am hospital phobic.That of course mande the derealisation worse. I deviated from thinking I had a major mental illness to having a brain tumour. Boy is it hard to accept this is anxiety!!!

If you'd like to contact me plz do.:wacko:

trac67
20-03-08, 12:47
Hi Andrea,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

manmoor
20-03-08, 13:48
Hi Andrea,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

heidi
20-03-08, 16:01
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd152/heidi51/hello-2.gif

Welcome to NMP, you will get loads of advice and support here and make many friends along the way...Don'tforget to visit the chatroom !! :hugs:

Lindalou64
22-03-08, 10:29
Hello Andrea And Welcome .....i Wish Ya Well.................linda