PDA

View Full Version : Really want in to panic mode tonight!

jellybean43
19-03-08, 20:37
Hi
After feeling a lot more positive today thanks to the help of people on here I went to my Weight watchers class tonight!I was feeling really good today and was starting to believe that what the Doctor has told me is right as he is the doctor and not me!!
Sooo I am sitting in the class tonight and this lady was sat next to me. I have never met her before but the talk got round to where do i live(as i told her we had only just moved to the area 6 months ago) and she said "oooo do you go to the ******* Surgery up there?" I said yes i did and she said "dont go there as one of the doctors misdiagnosed my sister and she ended up in intensive care with a blood clot"
So that has really made me go in to complete panic mode.
I have got home and OH says not to be so ridiculous as people are always pleased to tell you bad stories!!!!!
Please can some one reassure me that i am being daft?
Sorry to keep posting---this health anxiety is really getting me down!!
x

jill
19-03-08, 23:03
Hi jellybean :hugs:

It is sooooo, TRUE, that people like telling you horror stories, when it comes to gp's, hospital and with alot of other things too. The truth is, there are MORE good stories than bad, but for some reason, as we all know, good news travels at a snails pace and bad news travels like concord. You only have to look at the news on tv, what is there first subject, nearly all of the time, mmm BAD NEWS.

Now, Mrs anxiety is like this, have you ever noticed how she NEVER has anything nice to say? its ALL negaitve, scary thoughts, the truth with this, is, she cannot suruvive without them, she needs are scary thoughts to survive. I know its dame hard for you, but don't play her game, try dame hard to understand that there are people out there who just love telling these scary stories,., There are MORE people out there who are living a happy healther life becasue of this gp. GPs are checked, checked and double checked, if this was the case, this gp would NOT be there.

I know your finding it dame hard to put trust in your gp, but your thinking was soooo spot on before you heard this story**he is the doctor and not me** you felt good, please don't let this silly story get to you hun, :hugs:

Hope this has helped a little, YOUR doing great, please don't be to hard on yourself, You are trying to recover from health anxiety and blips like this may come along, it IS just a silly story, people do like telling you thses things, not sure why.

YOU TAKE CARE :hugs:

LOVE JILLXXX

nomorepanic
19-03-08, 23:07
Ok not sure if this helps or not but there is one GP that I will not see as he once prescribed me penicillin and I am allergic to it. It was only cos I read the leaflet that I realised what he gave me before taking it!!

However, other people have told me they have nothing but praise for him.

I personally, will never go and see him again!

jellybean43
20-03-08, 10:56
Thanks everyone.
I sooo wish this health anxiety thing would just go away-------I seem to need constant reassurance that I have had all the tests and that they have come back CLEAR.
I know that an X ray and blood tests cant be wrong but for some reason i cant seem to stop the constant worry.
I have never been like this about my health before----we had only lived here 3 weeks when i felt the swelling and therefore i am putting the anxiety down to a very stressful house move!!! It was a real nightmare and took us over a year to sell the house with a lot of hassle a long the way!!!!
The last time i had really bad general anxiety was after the birth of my second child some 22 years ago. It took me 7 years to start to feel okish again!! I hope it wont take as long this time!!
Thanks again everyone xx