PDA

View Full Version : totally freaked yesterday!

angiebaby
20-03-08, 22:20
I try and convince myself that it is ok, hubby says that his gums have bled like that for no reason too before, but i am just so terrified, i have been since it happened. If it is just because of my gums then this will reassure me and i can cope with that ok. I was just hoping that you could put my mind at rest please.
I am so sorry to bother you with this long waffle, can you help me please?
Thanks a lot for reading this.
Angiebaby.

Hope 2
24-03-08, 00:13
Hi Angiebaby :D

I know it was a few days back u posted....but just wondered how u r gettin on .
I sense the real fear you felt from yr gum episode how horrid for u .

If gums are not in the best of health kinda thing , they can bleed a fair good amount without any trauma at all . If you are still worried yr blood is abnormal .......... do you bleed excessively if u cut yr finger for example ? Just an idea of how u could reassure yourself :flowers: . Corsodyl mouthwash is good for gum conditions xx

Hope u r ok
TC
Hope xx

helenclaire
24-03-08, 09:32
Hi,
I just wanted to let you know my husband gets this quite regularly,
all of a sudden for no reason it will start bleeding.
He has a problem with the gum underneath a gold tooth that he has.
He goes to the dentist regularly and although this flares up from time to time the dentist says there is nothing wrong, it seems to have started happening when he had to have the gold tooth removed and then put back in, it does not seem to fit so well now and i think it allows food to get underneath, hence causing a slight infection and when it swells it releases blood.
I know you have a phobia of dentists but if you can bring youself to go it is worth it or you could be heading for alot of pain and discomfort in the future, i endured years of toothache and in the end i had such a bad abscess i was actually relieved to go to get rid of the pain.
Hope this helps
Helen:hugs:

Horse
26-03-08, 00:15
Hi Angie.

Yes. I can relate to the blood in the mouth thing. I've had this for years and basically it's a sign of bad dental hygiene (please do not be offended).

I can be just sitting down watching TV when all of a sudden there is the taste of blood. 99% of the time it is due to bleeding gums. I visit the dentist every 3 months because of this, and also because I have overcrowding regarding my teeth. Therefore it's easier for him to clean them properly. I've also been told that I have receeding gums and this can also be the reason for the bleeding.

You will probably find that if you use dental floss as often as you can and also use a mouthwash like Corsodyl, this will help maintain healthy gums and also keep any infection at bay. More pleasant than visiting the dentist as well.

Good luck.

Kevin.

angiebaby
26-03-08, 01:06
Thankyou guys for your kind replies, it means so much to me. It helps knowing that this happens to others too, i just wish i could get rid of my phobias and have the perfect mouth, lol.
It was such a shock and because it happened for no reason it scared me all the more.
I don't 'over bleed' when i cut myself, i do bruise easily though as i am very fair and freckly, but i have always been this way. However, i do heal very quickly, so i guess there can't be anything wrong there really, just my anxiety again hey, lol.
Thanks again for you kind words and help and support in this matter.xx

doodah
27-03-08, 17:41
Hello Angiebaby,

Glad you got some helpful replies to your post.

I'm just wondering if you tend to grit your teeth a lot and maybe that has made your gums bleed a little? I know that I have to tell myself constantly to stop gritting my teeth!

Also, I too was afraid of the dentist and avoided going like the plague. Until we had a new dentist who offered me a "new" injection. Bearing in mind that I'm totally petrified of being knocked-out too, I listened to what he had to say. You'll probably know the name of it (I've forgotten!) as you're a nurse, but it gets rid of your short term memory while you're having the work done.

I have to say I thought it was marvellous!!

Hope you're feeling much better today.

Wendy xxxx

angiebaby
27-03-08, 17:48
Thanks for that Wendy, i wish i had your courage, lol.
Too scared to go and to scared to have the jab too, lol. What a wimp i am.
I do grind my teeth in my sleep, hubby says i grind that hard that my teeth squeek, but of course i am asleep so i don't know about it. I think that is a common symptom for people with anxiety isn't it? xx

doodah
27-03-08, 21:37
Awww Angiebaby - I'm not brave - honestly!! I'm exactly the same - well and truly agoraphobic. I think it was really cos I didn't have any choice than to have dental treatment way back that I agreed to the jab, but I'm glad I did! (Just wish I had some teeth left today - haha!). I've posted a few messages about a nosebleed I've been having - it's "just" from having blocked sinuses but I can't tel you how much it's been freaking me out - for weeks now! I'm doing okay at the moment though! Hope you are too!

Keep on keeping on!

Wendy xxxx