PDA

View Full Version : Sex Change Soldier

Lilith1980
20-03-08, 23:19
Hi all,

Did anyone else watch this tonight?

I've seen quite a few programmes like this and it never ceases to amaze me of the pure strength that the people involved have.

Ian had been one of the top paratroopers in his regiment and he had long lived with the feeling that he should be a woman, and so he transformed into Jan.

He was such a lovely guy (well, what came across on screen anyway) and I really felt for him when his parents totally rejected him and didnt want to see him anymore.

I get too sensitive over programmes like this, I just hope he is happy and making a new life for himself as he lost all his friends too. He was so right when he said he had to start living his life the way he wanted. I hope he is happy :)

Jo xxxxx

yorkylover
20-03-08, 23:58
I taped it,I have watched a few programmes like this.My brother went through a phase of being transgender,dressing even to the point of starting the hormones,and being under charring cross hospital.Because of his severe mental health problems took over and his drinking he just gave up on it all.Its very difficult for the person going through it,but its also very hard for the family.He had full support of his family,but it wasnt easy.

And people can be so cruel.:mad: