PDA

View Full Version : citalopram

pipsie
21-03-08, 21:20
I have been taking citalopram 20mg for almost a week now, and have been feeling pretty dreadful, physically very tired, weak, difficulty sleeping, fuzzy headed, really anxious and panicky and an inability to reach orgasm! Has anyone else experienced these side effects and do they get any better please?

sandbanks
21-03-08, 22:19
hi pipsie
yes all the above hon, not nice i no but it does get better,
i started with 10mg 7th jan and 2 weeks later went up to 20mg, first 2 week awful, but ater about 2 to 3 week felt so much better, and now great, had no panic ,and anxiety only now and again, but because i feel so much better in myself,can handle it so much better. have suffered on and off for 18 years but have never taken meds, but im so glad i have now. wish i had taken then years ago, and maybe i would not of let this panic get hold of me.
wish u all the luck, im sure your be on here in a few weeks, telling the same story.

sandy

pipsie
22-03-08, 11:36
Thanks so much Sandy, it's reassuring to know that I will soon start to feel better. I too have suffered for years so hopefully this will really help at last, and I'm getting married in August so Maybe it'll help me cope with that too! Take care, Pipsie

willp
22-03-08, 14:34
Hi Pipsie.

Yes, it gets better. I've taking Citalopram for a few months now - the side effects are a distant memory and the medication really works. Stick at it, it's worth it in the long run.

Will

pipsie
22-03-08, 15:09
Thanks Will it's always good to hear other people's experiences, Pipsie

devon_guy
22-03-08, 16:29
Well I've been on it for 10 days now. The nausea has all but gone and the insomnia is wearing off but now I am getting quite major anxiety and today I just can't wake up. I feel like a thick fog has descended on me and feel like a zombie. I hope it will go soon I hate feeling really tired like this.

menomum
29-03-08, 20:44
Hi there, please stick with the Citalopram, I've been through all of the distressing symptoms everyone talks about but trust me it will be worth it in the end. All of a sudden you'll look back at these past weeks and realise how much better you feel now. I've been on this for 18 months now and if I could i'd stay on a 5mg maintenance dose for ever! It has done more for me than I can say.

lane12
29-03-08, 23:35
hi im on my 4 day of 20mg citalopram the first day was dreadfull but today apart from every now and again tiredness coming over me ive had no realy bad side effects today so im hoping that it will get better .

poppet
14-04-08, 23:57
Day one....
V.shakey...fuzzy head...funny vision.. extreme fatigue..felt nauseous all evening and just threw up.

Will take my second tonight but bit worried i will chuck it up before absorbed!!
I think it's a case of different folks,different strokes.
Sticking it out though.