PDA

View Full Version : Daisy goes driving 2

pink daisy
21-03-08, 21:21
Daisy goes driving 2

I woke up in the middle of the night with a really bad throat. A really bad one - not your normal one, lol. Took all the drugs I could and had warm orange squash :weep: and went back to sleep again...

In the Morning, I woke up at around 10am feeling rather crap, with a sore throat, but then I went back to sleep again as hubby looked like he wasn't going to make me get up. Yey! :D

It was about 12 oclock lunch time and I got up. Hubby and the kids weren't in the house, his car was gone from outside, so I rang his mobile to ask where he was and he said was at a museum around 45 mins away. So I said ok.. and told him I felt like sh*t and was going back to bed.

I then decided to ring the out of hours doctor. I was told that a doctor would ring back, so an hour or so later the doctor rang and I told him my glands were swollen and I have a lot of pain with my throat. He said to come to the hospital to see him. The hospital is 9 miles away. I told him I suffer from agoraphobia and that I had to wait for hubby to come home but getting in hospital is quite hard for me anyway, so he said well I will be here at 4:30..

So I rang Hubby up again and told him about the apointment and he said he will take me, and I went back to sleep untill 3:40pm. Then I had a quick shower and got dressed. It was then 4pm and Hubby wasn't here and when 10 mins later there was no sign or phone call from him. I thought he isn't coming, and perhaps I should try goiing there on my own...but driving 9 miles on my own with no one home to ring for help and Hubby in the other direction it was a very big step... so I thought for a while and then read the parts about panic attacks and agoraphobia in my cbt book and felt more confident. So I decided to go for it!

I grabbed my bag, coat, drink, mobile, my cbt book and the yellow pages (! lol) which were there just so I knew I could ring for a taxi to come and follow me home if needed.

It was blowing agale and absulutly pi**ing it down with rain and walked a few feet to my car and put my cd on, then my mobile rings and its hubby saying that he'd be home at 4:45, held up by heavy traffic. I didn't say I was on my way to the hospital now as I was thinking I might decide not to go, or get scared even more! Also, I felt that I needed to do this on my own, :D. I had a drink and drove.... I got to the road and waited for a car to follow as I do normally and three drove passed so felt a lot better and just drove up the hill towards my destination...

It was scary as I knew hubby wasn't home and no one was meeting me at the other end. Walking into the hospital would be scary but I knew if I got there I could park up to the door if I was freaking out etc etc.. but then the etc etc thoughts made me even more anxious. Thoughts came into my head like, I would have a major panic attack in the hospital, and I'd panic on way to the hospital and there wasn't any family and friends to ring - cos I didn't know if they were in etc etc Negative thoughts came big time!! But I just kept on saying to myself that the cbt book says panic attack does calm - so I calmed down and felt more confident and just kept driving along the road :D.

My mobile started to ring so I pulled in and stopped. It was hubby. He said he was just coming in to our town. I said well I am 8 miles away and told him where I was and said just drive on and you can meet me. He said ok..

Then I got to the hospital and parked 12 steps from the A & E door and got my daughter's pram out my car boot. I feel less wobbly having it whilst walking but I didn't push it - just carried it into the hospital - lol oh I must have looked a right weirdo! lol!
I got into the hospital nearly crying as I was shaken up but very proud of myself at the same time for getting there on my own. I told the receptionist had an appointment at 4:30 but it was then 4:50... I told her that my car was just outside where it isn't supposed to be parked and explained that I suffer with agoraphobia and drove there on my own for the very first time! She was all pleased for me and said have a seat please and Dr will be with you shortly.

I went to sit down but the Dr came straight away so I went into the room in A & E. I sat on the chair and the Dr looked in my throat and said looks like you have glandular fever but I'll treat you for tonsilitis first. Then you can have blood tests on Tuesday... Oh what a relief! I didnt have to have them straight away! They pescribed me penicillin and said I could go home. Then all the nurses and doctors said well done for driving here on your own and they looked very pleased lol

So I walked out of hospital with a big grin - all proud of myself! :yesyes:

I drove to the garage up the road to get petrol, then saw hubby's car driving towards me. He flashed at me (his lights! not anything else! lol). I pulled into the garage and got my petrol.. then drove to cashier's door so I didnt have to walk as I'm not that confident yet!! After I paid for the petrol I rang up hubby to ask where he was? He said I'm at the hospital. Aren't you going there? I said why would I? Dont you need to see the Dr he said? I said I have all ready been!! He was quite shocked that I did that part on my own, even more so than driving the 9 miles. lol :D awww bless lol

So he came to the garage and met me and he followed me back home.

I am so pleased with myself - more than words can say!!! :yesyes:

The end

erialc
21-03-08, 21:32
Blimin eck lady - next u r gonna ring me and say you are outside lol so open the door!!!

Well done missus u are doing great and should be sooooo pround of yerself.

Means u need to buy some huge treats now lol

:yahoo:

Claire xx

lorac
21-03-08, 21:36
Well done Pink-daisy, you did so well you should be so proud of yourself.

Hope your throat gets better and that it's not glandular fever.

I have been following your posts and it is really giving me the urge to get back into my car and start driving again. You keep up the good work you are doing so well.

Love
Carol

sandbanks
21-03-08, 21:58
WELL DONE PINK:yesyes:

SANDY:flowers: