PDA

View Full Version : Really worrying tonight---please help!!

jellybean43
21-03-08, 23:41
Hi
Sorry to be a pain again but today my so called friend told me that blood tests(which i have had done and they came back normal) dont always show up lymphoma(see my previous threads)!!!
I was really trying my best to be positive today and keep telling myself that a neck/chest Xray(came back normal too) and blood tests cant be wrong!!
Now i am starting to really panic and was tempted to GOOGLE but resisted----thank god or else i would not sleep!!!
Can someone please put my mind at rest as Health Anx seems to be taking over my life.Thanks for any advice that may help me.
xx

kali
22-03-08, 00:44
Hey, dont worry anymore! You cant possibly have anything wrong if the tests are clear... RELAX!

chalky
22-03-08, 00:48
Hi Jellybean,

Accept that the condition which you actually DO have is health anxiety.
Accept that this condition always tries to sow seeds of doubt in your mind.
Develop a way of living which involves actively challenging your own Mr Anxiety-there is loads of advice on this through the Main Menu.
Learn to understand that if your mind is occupied in a productive way then there will be little room for Anxiety to cause you problems.
Don't Google!!!!
Accept that Googling only ever exacerbates your problems-it creates more questions in your mind rather than providing re-assurance.
What your friend said may well be factually correct but so what!!
In the absence of medical symptoms of that particular condition why would a Doctor have you checked for it?
Always try to be positive about your condition-read some of the great success stories there are on this Site.Draw inspiration from them.One day it will be your turn to write one!!

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Best wishes,
Chalky

sue the happy coo
22-03-08, 01:17
Hey,
I'm new to the site, in fact new to this kind of site to be honest! - must be my age.
Anyway, couldn't help but respond to you, cause you seem so anxious. Lymphoma would be detected in either x-rays, blood tests or both. Have been there with a close friend.
What to do is to try and allow yourself freedom from this worry, you've been tested and you had negative results, make there be a positive from all this and let go of this worry. As for your friend, i'm sure they meant no ill by what they said it's just the way we let our minds work taking harm where no harm is meant.
PLEEEEEASE try to sleep well tonight knowing that everything has been swept away.
LOL:hugs:

kilvosa
22-03-08, 01:30
Hi there
i know how you feel ive just had blood tests done chest xray and mamogram next week so far all test have come back ok but yes i still worry. Going back in 5 weeks for blood re test i had lost weight and am tired but then i go to bed late up early and work come home and take the kids here there and everywherwe so no wonder im tired.
sometimes we must except that the docs are right. ive had a full mot also had ecg last year due to loads of palpatations but they came back clear too . but yet we still worry im sure you are fine so try not to worry feel free to pm meanytinme and take carexxx

jellybean43
22-03-08, 13:19
Hi
Thanks everyone for the kind replies. I just seem to need constant reassurance that the tests i had are all that is needed to check for lymphoma!! Mad i know!!!
I did sleep much better last night and i have been quite positive today----doing jobs that take my mind off the health anxiety!!!
I have never been like this before over my health and I can only put the trigger down to a very stressful house move 6 months ago and feeling this swelling 3 weeks later and having to go to a new doctor.!!!!
I am hoping i can get over it and thanks for all the kind replies!!
Thanks for taking the time out to reply to me xxxx

DIZZY BIRD
24-03-08, 21:34
I think night times are the worst because your brain is less cluttered with the noise of day time activity. I am a relatively new anxiety sufferer (2 months) and have been floored by the intensity of feelings and emotions that are unfounded, unnecessary and largely irrational. I too have paced the carpet in the dead of night with one hand taking my pulse and the other clamped round the phone awaiting advice from the NHS helpline (who I'm now on a first name basis with). The more information you have about anxiety and what it does to you emotionally and physically the better prepared you will be to deal with it's symptoms and learn how to not be afraid of them anymore. The lump in my throat was at best a benign growth and at worst full blown cancer, the erratic heart beat was of course a heart attack about to strike any second and obviously I couldn't breath because of all the malignant fluid I had on my lungs. This is despite many, many completely normal medical tests done by Drs I trust and believe in. The key to recovery I believe is facing your fears, trusting yourself, taking time and believing that you are going to get through this. I'm merely facing in the right direction now with a hell of a way to go but hopefully once I'm on the right side I can keep this bugger at bay for good. Have a good night's sleep - you deserve it xx