PDA

View Full Version : new and struggling

wildone
22-03-08, 17:27
Hi
I am new to the site and suffer from chronic anxiety. I have been suffering for 18 months with nausea, lack of appetite, panic attacks and the only time I am free of these symptoms is when I am asleep or when I wake in the night.
I don't know what I worry about it just seems that everything bothers me. I have too much time to think and I need to hear from someone who feels the same and may have some advice for me. As I am typing this I am shaking really badly and I feel like I don't want to be here at all. I live in Blackpool, England is there anyone else nearby?

Lilith1980
22-03-08, 17:46
Hi Wildone

Welcome to NMP :)

I was in Blackpool the other weekend, had a nice time despite the weather lol.

You will get loads of advice and support in this forum hun, check out the chatroom as well, cos people will be happy to talk to you there as well.

Have you seen your GP at all?

Jo xxxxx

nomorepanic
22-03-08, 19:15
Hi wildone

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Have a good read of the website pages on the left for loads of advice on how to cope.

Nibbles
22-03-08, 20:24
Hi Wildone and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. Your symptoms and difficulty in expressing what you worry about are very common for panic attack sufferers and I've experienced them myself.

If you can, try not to focus on the unpleasant feelings by concentrating on something else instead. In the past I've tried to recall lists of things to distract myself such as all the current Coronation Street characters I can remember lol! Learning as much as you can about anxiety will also help because you will begin to understand why you react the way you do.

I hope you feel better soon.

Take care,

Mike :)

mingsy
22-03-08, 20:33
:welcome: Hi Wildone
You sound just like I was 2 years ago, but with meds, therapy and most of all this site, I am now well on the road to recovery. I had to give up work, couldn't leave the house, hated being left alone, couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, lost 3 stones. but i am glad to say that I have got a new job, and life is good, only down side is I'm eating like a horse and putting the weight back on:weep: .
I live in kendal in the lakes which is pretty close to you.
Please PM me if you want to talk, don't forget there is light at the end of the tunnel.

margaret911
22-03-08, 20:53
Hi Wildone
:welcome: to nmp, hope this site helps you
love Mags xxx

Lindalou64
24-03-08, 11:40
Hello Wildone And Welcome ...i Wish Ya Well............linda

chalky
24-03-08, 12:19
Hi Wildone,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

trac67
26-03-08, 17:23
Hi,

welcome to the forum you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx