PDA

View Full Version : very sad

sandlin
22-03-08, 18:52
My son has played for the same football team since he was 6 (now 10) and has played just about every game, never misses training except for illness or holidays and today was the game that would win them the league and he was'nt played not even for 5 minutes when the team were winning 3-0. I am so upset. Needless to say we hav'nt joined the celebrations.He doesnt feel like a champion cause he was'nt actually part of the winning game-just stood in the hail and wind.

Linda :weep: :weep:

Piglet
22-03-08, 20:06
Aww Linda - how disapointing for the poor little chap.

I would be telling him though how he most certainly has contributed to this result - all the regular team players who have turned up and played come hell or high water have contributed to todays result. A team takes time and skill to achieve results and while one game may make the difference to league results that skill didn't just develop in that one game did it!!!

Love Piglet :flowers:

Nibbles
22-03-08, 20:29
Here here Piglet!

Sending you, Linda, and your son some big hugs. He is definitely a champ for all the games he did play in which helped bring the team to the top of the league. :yesyes:

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Take care,

Mike :)

Karen
23-03-08, 01:11
Hi Linda

Your son certainly is part of the winning team. Sending you both some hugs :hugs:

Karen xx

chalky
23-03-08, 08:30
Hi Linda,

My younger son is also a footballer.He left a top team's under-16s in January because he wasn't getting a chance.
Trying to understand the "logic" of a team coach's selection policy is usually pointless.It was in my son's case.He is now-at 15-playing football in our local men's amateur league and he is as happy as a pig in muck.
The match which your son was not picked for, was won on the back of a full season's worth of hard work-not just one game.Celebrate your son's efforts for that.A league win is a marathon not a sprint.Your son should be very proud of his season-long commitment.
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Best wishes,
Chalky

Jaco45er
23-03-08, 09:45
Pull him out the team Linda and find another team even if it's in a lower division.

A manager done that to my son once (teaming with rain too), I told him to shove it and now my boy is one of the top players for another team, that was in a lower division and worked thier way up.

Some of these managers forget that these are just lads, it's not premier league, even the lesser skilled players on our team get at least 20 mins regardless of the score (except tournaments, but that's understandable).

Tell the boy chin up, don't let it knock his confidence.

Good luck

Jaco

manmoor
23-03-08, 13:42
Linda a big hug for your son from me hun poor wee mite :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: xxx

Granny Primark
23-03-08, 15:57
Linda I think thats disgusting. The coach could have played him if it was only for a few mins at the end of the game.
But I do think your son should be proud of himself cus he has most definitely play a part in them winning the league.
I would see how things go next season and if things dont alter consider doing what jaco has suggested and find another team for him to play in.
Doesnt the manager/coach realise how important it is to these young lads?
Hobby yes but its probably all they think about when theyre at school and cant wait for training and sundays to come.

Take care
LYNN xx

sandlin
24-03-08, 15:27
The manager does'nt think he made a wrong decision . I dont think he can have thought about it properly so i will explain at training wednesday

Linda xx

domino
24-03-08, 15:37
Linda, your son is a champ and i would be celebrating his commitment to the team and all his hard work , with maybe a family treat , go take him to see a movie, or treat him to a meal at his favourite eating place. Either way he has come along way . :bighug:

Breatheon
24-03-08, 17:43
Hi Linda

Really just to echo what other people have said, your son is definitely a champion and a full part of the winning team. It's sad though that he didn't make it onto the pitch for that match.

Sometimes in a game like this you leave one of your best players as a sub so you can bring him on to change the game if the team is drawing or losing.

Did the manager bring on any subs? Sometimes the game can fly past and full-time arrives before you even know it. It's definitely worth asking the question at training though.

Your son is a champion and I am sure he will be amongst the 1st names on the team sheet when the new season begins or if the team enter any tournaments. For now he should enjoy the celebrations (you don't win a league in just 1 game) and he should stick with the team for the time being.

Hope this helps.

:)

sandlin
25-03-08, 12:27
Thanks to you all

linda xx

kazzie
25-03-08, 12:35
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Luv Kaz x x x