PDA

View Full Version : I'm new just wanted to say hiya

minihaha
22-03-08, 23:22
hi, well after hearing about this site from a work colleague and spending last night lurking and reading a lot of the posts, i felt i had to join.

My history is around 4 years ago i started suffering panic attacks out of the blue, i had a few weeks off work and was prescribed citalopram which i took for a year - i also had some counselling. I beleived at the time that the catalyst to my panic attacks was work related - as a manager i was dealing with some horrendous personnel issues which were being swept under the carpet and i received no support or back up from my superiors. This led me to question my abilities and integrity and sanity !!!

Although much of these issues have now been dealt with i still feel that i am living my life in a constant state of anxiety - each day is full of moments where i feel i am on the brink of a panic attack. Every twinge becomes a huge issue - i am having huge health worries and am fearful of sudden death syndrome, strokes, heart attacks , blood clots etc. I also think that i have mild ocd symptoms and before i leave for work in the morning i am developing rituals that have to be done or i can't settle for the rest of the day. When i do get to work i adopt a professional persona but instead i am shaking and just feel like i am outside looking in.

yorkylover
23-03-08, 00:18
Hi and :welcome: you will get lots of support here and friendly advise.And you will never feel alone.:hugs: :hugs:

chalky
23-03-08, 07:44
Hi Minihaha,

Welcome to the Forum!!!

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

manmoor
23-03-08, 12:47
Hi Mini,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Lindalou64
23-03-08, 13:05
Hello Mini And Welcome.......i Wish Ya Well..........linda

jodie
23-03-08, 14:18
hiya mini

welcome to the forum :grouphug:

jodie xxx

Nibbles
23-03-08, 15:43
Hi Minihaha and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. It is really difficult to take your mind off anxiety when you're feeling bad but something you could try is taking up a new hobby to distract yourself with.

Take care,

Mike :)

Lilith1980
24-03-08, 10:56
Hi Mini

Welcome to NMP hun :)

Jo xxxxx

nomorepanic
24-03-08, 19:19
Hi Mini

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help and get you back on track to a full recovery.

Karen
24-03-08, 22:02
Hi Mini

:welcome: to NMP

Karen xx

trac67
26-03-08, 17:18
Hi,

welcome to the forum you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx