PDA

View Full Version : I'm new and I've just started having ectopic heart beats.....

janny63
23-03-08, 10:04
Hi I'm new and I have had GAD :scared10: for 14 years, just after my son was born, thought I was going mad when I had my first panic attack, no one (GP'S included) seemed to have much info or help to give me! I still have ''semi panic attacks'' , mostly if I attempt the motorway, my first attack happened on a motorway,but seem to be able to cope most of the time although some days I can struggle breathing properly. Recently started feeling more anxious than not and having ectopic heartbeats especially 1-2 wks before my period. I feel I may be peri-menopausal and hormone fluctuations are causing this. Dr seems to dismiss this! Does anyone else ot there feel the same or am I imagining it? :wacko:

jodie
23-03-08, 15:04
hiya :hugs:

i feel just the same way i have had ectopics heart beats for 9/10 years now i have in the past been very scared of them and gone through times when i have been back and forth to my gp and a&e many times since finding this site i have got better and better with then knowing so many ppl on nmp have then and are ok and live with then .
have you had ecg,s heart scans ect? i have had them all and the results all came back ok .i knwo that thinking about them brings then on and yes befor my monthly i get them very bad and somtimes just after but i know now why i am having them so i try just to get on with it till they go

jodie xxx

Nibbles
23-03-08, 15:46
Hi Janny and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. Many people on here feel the same as you and driving phobia is very common. You might be interested to read the 'my story' link on the left which is about the owner of the site.

Take care,

Mike :)

chalky
23-03-08, 17:56
Hi Janny,

Welcome to the Forum!!

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Joe1981
23-03-08, 19:00
Welcome to the site :)

cankat
24-03-08, 11:34
Hi Janny,
I had an echocardiogram a couple of weeks ago and the lady who did it told me that she sees lots of peri-menopausal women with funny heartbeats. She said it's not necessarily a recognised condition but that she and her colleagues had noticed it and now she always asks her patients if they are peri-menopausal (I am not, by the way). So, anecdotally speaking, it could well have something to do with your hormones, even if the docs seem dismissive.

Lindalou64
24-03-08, 11:39
Hello Janny And Welcome.........i Wish Ya Well........linda

nomorepanic
24-03-08, 19:19
Hi Janny

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help and get you back on track to a full recovery.

petmad
24-03-08, 21:25
Hiya
I am new to this site as well and also suffer from heart worries and missed beats and chest pain etc. I hope we can get reassurance from this as we don't feel alone! I wish there was some miracle cure to worrying I really do!!
Take care

trac67
26-03-08, 17:21
Hi,

welcome to the forum you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

shaz01
27-03-08, 00:11
Hi Janny,

I have suffered from all these 'weird and wonderful' heartbeats for years, I have spent so much time trying to work out what triggers them and what doesnt. I definitly agree that hormones play some part with them, Im 42 and they have got worse over the last few years and are worse just before a period and when a periods finishing.

Feel free to contact me if you want to chat.

Shaz x