PDA

View Full Version : what i have learnt !!

Jjeni
23-03-08, 11:28
Ok so heres my finding !! A few weeks ago i was posting loads on this board and another anxiety board i go on asking what this is and what i felt that for and was i dying of this etc - infact i am the worlds worst for thinking i got tumour or heart attack and i fully understand everyone that thinks this way cause i am terrible !! However - i havent posted on here for a week because i wanted to try something out - not because i was being ignorant lol - i didnt want to come on here asking for reassurance all the time - i saw a program on health anxiety a while ago and i thought i would put this therapist thoughts to the test - he said that if we are asking for reassurance all the time it becomes like an addiction we have to keep asking - whereas if we try and reasurre ourselves then eventually we will be able to stop asking what is wrong iwth us !! when i watched the program i was like - this guy clearly doesnt understand what its like !! so to proove him wrong (be it in my own head) i wanted to have ago and guess what im gunna say - ahuh it worked !!!! so for the first three days was really hard found myself checking my skin (i look for rashes) and rubbing my head but i tried my damdest to switch my attention to something else - even if it was washing up or something! after the first few days it got easier and in the past 6 days i checked myself once - im not sayign i cured - god not by a long shot and i do get the thoughts of it must be brain tumour or heart attack or something - but its alot easier than it was - i havent been to the docs unless i really really needed to (repeat prescription) instead of saying i feel a pain in my arm cause i carried the shopping home and i am thinking its a stroke - you catch my drift !! like i said im with you all i know its horrible cause i am exactly the same - but this is a working thing for me so i wanted to share it .