PDA

View Full Version : Help

ChrisE
23-03-08, 14:23
Hi

I have been on prozac now for 16 days about 7 days in i began to experience a severe loss of appetite and weight loss although this has started to wear off now.

I still however feel sick, can't sleep at nights, have difficulty with walking and sweat at the least amount of physical exercise. I have now been in bed for nearly 7 days.

Can any1 tell me if these are common side effects and if so shud i continue with the medication for longer or stop taking it?

Thanx

Chris

joy
23-03-08, 14:31
Think you need to speak to GP. Side up,effects can be bad on any meds and should ease.

What are you taking the Prozac for?

Joy

ChrisE
23-03-08, 15:55
Hi Joy

I'm taking it for severe anxiety/depression. I think im dying. I'm really worried that my symptoms are something extremely serious and not effects of the medication.

Chris

joy
23-03-08, 17:00
Have you rang NHS direct for advice as its the Bank Holiday and your GP is unavailable?

joy

ChrisE
23-03-08, 19:38
No. I was hoping someone was going to be able to give advice as to if they have had similar symptoms from prozac or if they know what the common side effects are.

Chris

bex.d
23-03-08, 19:51
When i first started on prozac i had trouble sleeping got palpitations and also loss of appetite and losing weight but i cant say i was really ill with any side effects, but i do remember reading about the side effects and there are loads, I would def speak to your gp though and maybe try some different meds cause not everyone suits certain ones. try not to worry about your symptoms i know its easier said than done, i suffer with health anxiety and i think i'm dying, some days i can control it and others i cant, I was n prozac for a year and it was a godsend once they finally kicked in and started working, i have had to come off them last year as i am pregnant, soon to give birth though (only 10 days left) which scares the hell out of me but thats a different story! alot of your symptoms sound like they are anxiety related though and with the help of meds and this site you will slowly start to feel better again, Hope you get this sorted and are feeling better soon. xx

ChrisE
23-03-08, 20:15
Thanks for the advice. I will try and ride the storm until my doctor's is open again on tuesday. From what i have read on the internet i think i appear to have classic side effects e.g sweating, insomnia, weakness etc.

I'm just unsure as to why it took 7 days for the vside effects to occur.

Chris