PDA

View Full Version : having a relapse/bad reaction to med

respiratoryqeeen
23-03-08, 15:41
Hi all.
I am new here and I really understand what you all are going through.
Heres a little about me.
I am a respiratory therapist and I take paxil for panic disorder. Have been doing really well with panic and put myself through college. Last week I get really sick with the flu. High temps for days and then a Bad Respiratory infection. My lovely Doctor decided to put me on Levaquin (antibiotic) . The second day taking it, It send through the ceiling I woke up and it felt like someone was pouring scolding hot water through my body and I had horrible heart palpatations. I stopped the antibiotic and called the pharm. he told me that the meds the doc gave me can cause serious stimulant effect. I then made an appointment with a psyc doctor and it said the levaquin neutralized my paxil and that it is not at a theraputic level anymore. So it likes a waiting game for the paxil to return to a theraputic level again.
I cry all the time. I Feel like I am in a state of panic all the time. I just want this to go away. Then I worry about my job. No there is no money coming in from me. Etc. Which just makes things worse.
I havent eaten in days. I did get some broth and orange juice down yesterday. I was actually going to put myself in the hospital and my Husband said absolutely not. You are having panic.
Psyc. wards scare the heck out of me anyway. I think that is just a panic thing.
Can some one please talk to me and help me get thorough this. Is there anyone in the northwest Indiana that has panic disorder?
I am so happy I found you guys!

Nibbles
23-03-08, 15:47
Hi Respiratoryqeeen and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. I'm sorry to hear you're going through a bad patch and I hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

Take care,

Mike :)

nomorepanic
24-03-08, 19:20
Hi

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help and get you back on track to a full recovery.

Lindalou64
24-03-08, 22:07
Hello And Welcome Im From Massachusetts There Is A Member Here From Indianna Tho Who We Became Good Friends.....have Ya Tried Chat Room .....if Ya Wanna Pm Feel Free..............i Wish Ya Well..........linda

trac67
26-03-08, 17:16
Hi,

welcome to the forum you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

chalky
26-03-08, 20:03
Hi RespiratoryQueen,

Welcome to the Forum!!

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Look on coming here as taking very positive action to resolve your health problems.Well done!!
Best wishes,
Chalky