PDA

View Full Version : not sure...

Brandyblah18
24-03-08, 06:27
okay. So my doc said that I do have panic attacks but she has only seen me about it once. she was very fast and told me right away "nothing is wrong it sounds like your having anxiety problems". I also know that after having blood tests and other things done that there are not clots that have shown up atleast.
but there is no other way to explain what im feeling and have been feeling since the begining of this month.

I have sharp pains that go across where my heart is supposed to be and down my left arm and fingers. thsi has been happening ever since i went to the hospital because i thought i was having aheart attack. sounds like a panic attack right? but now I have these shooting pains in my right leg every once in a while and it scares me. I am afraid to wlk or run or anything now because i might have a bllod clot in my leg.

these have been going on for a month and how could someone have a panic attack every hour of the day? also my face feels numb sometimes on my right side and my eye burns sometimes.
sorry for this. But does anyone have them like that?

I contsnatly feel like crying because right now my life is a never ending cycle of fear and despair.
I felt like giving up but I finally calmed myself down over this month ..
Im to afraid to sleep in my own room because that where i had it and i can hear my heart beat when i sleep....

chalky
24-03-08, 07:38
Hi Brandy,

Believing your Doctor will allow you to move to the next step on your road to recovery.
Keep telling yourself that your Doctor is an experienced health care professional with years of diagnostic experience.It is not in your Doctor's interests to mis-daignose you.
You have mentioned that you feel trapped in a cycle.That experience has been shared by lots of us.We are anxious people,we develop "symptoms" which lead to a panic attack and after it passes we are left with the fear of the next one.
We have to break the cycle.
Read the Success Stories on the Site to show yourself that recovery is possible and for inspiration.
Learn to challenge the anxious thinking and also to distract yourself by doing positive things.
Whether you chose to listen to music,read a book,hoover,etc etc.is not important.The fact that you are doing something to take the focus away from your anxiety will alleviate it.Doing this again and again and again will work!!
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Keep believing in yourself.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Brandyblah18
24-03-08, 07:40
well I hope so.. thank you for saying something.
just as long as everyone else is sure.

Jaco45er
24-03-08, 07:51
Hiya Brandy

It sounds like common ole Health anxiety. As Chalky says, you need to accept what the Doctor tells you as a step to moving on.

With health anxiety, every little pain in your body makes you focus on it, and before you know it that little niggle has been blown out of all porportion by your anxious mind.

Also, statistically you are far too young to suffer heart problems and rest assured a GP would pick up on these health problems in a flash.

Chalky is right about distraction, it is a good tool to cope with anxiety. Mind you, where he gets the hoover idea from beats me ;).

I used to (and occasionally still do) get the "heart thumping in my ears" at night while lying still. This is merely just your mind tuning into your body, and pretty common when one is in an anxiety state.

Good luck

Jaco