PDA

View Full Version : Throat problem

rickloader
24-03-08, 14:05
Hi everyone,

Ive suffered from the lump in the throat feeling which now seems to of gone the tightness is still there though and when i swallow it feels like it hurts at the base of my neck when i do... can anyone please tell me if they experience this to?

Thanks

Rick :shades:

ben29
24-03-08, 17:26
Hi rickloader,

Sensations in the throat are very common with anxiety. The feeling that there is a lump in your throat or that you cannot swallow are typical. The pain in your neck when you swallow is probably caused by muscle tension.

Try not to worry.

Ben.

burberrygirl72
24-03-08, 17:30
i too have experienced a lump in my throat on many occasions my doc told me it was anxiety try not to worry :)

Nibbles
24-03-08, 23:31
Hi Rick,

The symptoms you describe are really common with anxiety and I suffer from them too. Your muscles tighten when you're stressed which is harmless but can make them hurt after long periods. There are lots of threads on globus hystericus which is the posh name for this condition lol. A search for those might help reassure you.

Take care,

Mike :)

PS You might want to remove your phone number from your signature as it isn't a good idea to have it publicly available.

dinkydoo
24-03-08, 23:34
Yes I agree, my main anxiety prob is felt in the throat, all the symptoms you describe and more, try not to worry, realise it is stress, tell it to go away, and try to do some deep breathing. Easy to say I know.
Good luck. xxxxxxxxxxx