PDA

View Full Version : CONFUSING

linjane
21-03-05, 21:50
This is really weird. I woke up in the early hours of Sunday morning and couldn't get back to sleep. What felt strange was that I felt totally calm and not at all anxious (previous day I had had loads of ectopics, nothing new there tho!) and what confused me, was it scared me![Sigh...] How can this happen? Haven't had this feeling since, but surely that is what we are all striving for, then I get it for an hour or so and even that scares me!!

My ectopic beats seem even more noticeable again and as usual I am letting them scare me. Even phoned a Heart Help Line this morning and got myself into a right state, even before I phoned, in case they told me anything bad! I keep going over same old stuff, how can I accept that they are NOT DANGEROUS. They sometimes feel like something is fluttering furiously inside my chest and I get these feelings most days. Am trying hard not to check my pulse.
Linda

Longie
21-03-05, 22:17
hi Linda

i woke up a few days ago for the first time in 2 mths with no symptons, my mind then started to ask the have i got any symptons questions and of course they all came back much stronger just to let me know they were still there.

what confuses me also is that i have had a couple of good days and then today had a really bad one, i thought things would just get better and better especially since i am on meds, feels like im back at square one

can imagine how you must feel about your heartbeats, i was thinking of you while i read my dr claire weekes book, it mentioned these and said they were nothing to worry about, i dont get them but find my symptons of panic very scary, andf this of course statrs the cycle of fear again

have you tried saying to yourself when you get them, thankyou for sharing that heartbeat with me but im ready to move on now, i do it when i feel my panic rising and it seems to calm it

take care
love Jane

linjane
22-03-05, 08:15
Hi Jane,
Yes, I have tried that, but feel as though I don't listen to myself! It is going to take a lot of convincing I think and as you said, once you start thinking about the symptoms and waiting for them to come back, we make them by doing just that!

I sometimes wish I was like the people in this world who let nothing bother them. I am sure loads of people suffer ectopics everyday but don't even notice them. I wish I was one of them.

Which Claire Weekes books are worth reading. I tried a few from the Library but could only get really old ones and also do you know of a good relaxation CD?

Take care,
Linda.x

Longie
22-03-05, 14:22
hi Linda
im reading essential care for your nerves, it may be an old one as well although reprinted, think she died in 1990.

it is much the same as the other self help books, reconfiming how we should except the panics rising in us so we prevent the fear of fear etc,
mind you i had a crap day yesterday and a bad night for panics, feeling frustrated at how long it is taking to recover.

i have a relaxation cd i got it from isis in st. albans where i live, but think there are other crystal type shops around the country.

take care
love Jane

ps my anxiety is definately triggered by stress , im sure you have a stressful life, so maybe we shouldnt be too hard on ourselves, just wisk i could learn a different response to stress,

katiekatie
22-03-05, 18:42
Hi Linda

I do that too, every now and then I manage to panic because I feel calm and haven't had any symptoms for a while!

I guess we have these panics to concentrate on so that we don't have to deal with our real problems or pasts, so I guess when the panic symptoms go we feel slightly vunerable as though we have lost our security blankets. (i do anyway)

katiekatie x

dizzyd
23-03-05, 22:07
Hi Linda, Sorry to hear you are having lots of Ectopics - They are just so scary. When i haven't had them for a while I think OK nothing happened last time I had them so next time I feel them I won't be scared - but then Wham - feel a thud or a full feeling in my chest and there I am checking my pulse - I really relate to you. As I said in my PM a few days ago I get them so often throughout the day. However of late it has been dizzy dizzy for me and ectopics have not even really been noticed. With me it's one or the other! Day 3 of cipralex (I upped to 10mg today - 4 days early but GP said OK to) Have felt a lot better today - even singing doing the ironing! I know what you mean about having calm moments - they are so rare that we can't accept them as normal and immediately think -whats happening - and then PANIC! Remember you reassured me about my ectopic beats - it's my turn to reassure you - We will have them together! I really do have lots and lots of them every day - I am sure we are just so finely tuned into them. Take Care my friend - Love Dawn x

linjane
24-03-05, 08:55
Hello,

My ectopics were definately worse just before my period (sorry to any men reading this!) and have now calmed down a bit. Still getting them but not quite so bad. As Dizzyd said, I think you're right, we are too finely tuned into them. I wish I could UNTUNE myself though!:( They really did get me into a state this, again and I am sick of talking and thinking about them. My counsellor has told me he thinks they are something I am just going to have to learn to live with. GOT TO TRY TO ACCEPT THEY ARE NOT DANGEROUS!!!!!!!!![Yeah!]
I am trying to drink as much water as possible to see if that helps, but no success there yet, so if anyone else can give me any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. Linda.