PDA

View Full Version : Food Poisoning?

PaulaRubyLove
25-03-08, 06:53
This is more of a question than a health anxiety thing, but I didn't know where else to ask...

I ate some cream before, just a few spoonfuls, but after eating it I smelled the rest of it (still in the package) and it smelled soooo bad....it was definitely off, even though it wasn't past it's use by date.

So the question is, if it's going to make me sick, how long do I have before I either start throwing up and pooping, or I can stop worrying and realise that I don't have food poisioning?

cankat
25-03-08, 19:27
In my experience, food poisoning is usually fairly fast-acting - within a few hours. Definitely within 12 hours. So if nothing's happened by now you should be fine! :)

seeker
25-03-08, 19:52
Doh! It can take up to three days for food poinsoning to become apparent, but it is usually obvious wihtin 24 hours. you get sour cream, which is off cream, and is sold for consumption, so try not to worry too much - easier said than done, though, I know! Hope you are ok - I am sure you will be. That awful feeling as you realsie it is off, though - bleuch! My worst food poinsoning was from rice, bizarrely - one of the worst offenders when left out in a warm place - it is ideal breeding ground. so, never leave your curry out overnight and finish the rice off the next day!

PaulaRubyLove
25-03-08, 22:21
Thanks! I'm still not sick, so hopefully I'm out of danger lol.

Interesting...sour cream doesn't smell bad though, thankfully! Lol.
And now I'm glad I don't eat rice!