PDA

View Full Version : looking for friends stoke on trent area

janie07
25-03-08, 16:43
Hi there, i am new to this site. I have SA. generalised anxiety disorder, depression, and panic attacks. I would like to meet other fellow sufferers, i feel so alone and isolated. I have lost what friends i have had, and have been unable to work for many years now. I look forwrd to hearing from someone. Thanks for reading.

Richie
25-03-08, 16:59
Hiya there and welcome:welcome: i don't live in Stoke on trent but i'm in the same sort of position u in.
you can pm me if you like
Richie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

julieb
25-03-08, 18:54
hi janie,
i live in stoke on trent too. where abouts are you? i suffer from agoraphobia, monophobia and anxiety.

ju

angiebaby
25-03-08, 22:48
Wow, in Stoke-on-trent here too, lol.x

ladygrom
26-03-08, 06:00
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_15_32.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZCxdm860YYGB) hi im also in stoke on trent lol xxxxx

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZCxdm860YYGB (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb097_ZCxdm860YYGB&utm_id=7925)

Lilith1980
26-03-08, 10:48
Hi ya Janie

I'm in Stoke on Trent too hun :hugs:

Jo xxxxx

janie07
26-03-08, 13:40
Hi there :)

wow, there's quite a few of you from stoke on trent then, i'm not alone after all :roflmao: thank goodness for that.
I am from cheadle, anyone close to me ?

janie x

Lilith1980
26-03-08, 13:42
Hi Janie

I'm pants with places as I only moved here a year ago.

I live in Burslem and work in Leek at the moment, but probably wont be working in Leek for too much longer if I can help it!

Jo xxxxx

angiebaby
26-03-08, 20:27
I'm in Newcastle area. Not too far away.xx

julieb
26-03-08, 22:44
newchapel which is near to kidsgrove

ju x

sandramick
29-03-08, 11:56
hiya i live in leek so very close pm me if u like xx:bighug1:

Granny Primark
03-04-08, 11:48
Hi janie,
Im from stoke on trent.
Bradeley.
Please feel free to pm me.
Sandra, i know Leek me sis in law lives there and me hubby sometimes drives there. Hes a bus driver for first.
Good heavens, theres quite a lot of stokies on this site.
We could have our own little get together in Hanley. (primark even lol)

Take care
LYNN xx

janie07
06-04-08, 20:51
Hey g.p.

Thats a good idea. There is quite a few of us, so why not have a meet up sometime, if anyone fancies it ?

janie x

julieb
06-04-08, 21:02
i'm up for that but cont me out if its anywhere like primark i just cant stand being in shops like that it sets off my agrophobia.

ju xx

thevoicewithinme
08-04-08, 09:48
Hi I am in Stoke too...I live in Abbey Hulton. I too am very isolated, I have no friends here at all so spend all my time on my own. I am originally from Kent, have been living in Stoke for nearly two years now.

Granny Primark
08-04-08, 19:45
just a thought but how about a meet up at the "Horn and Trumpet"?
Its on Leek New Road near to sneyd green.
Its a new pub and never gets too full and rowdy. Mon to Thurs they do 2 courses for £3.95. And the atmosphere is always quiet and friendly.

Take care
LYNN xx

thevoicewithinme
08-04-08, 20:07
Is that heading towards Milton from Abbey? Although I have lived here nearly two years I still get lost lol:lac:

Granny Primark
09-04-08, 09:57
Thats leek road your thinking of. Its on the bottom road. Heading from Milton to Festival Park. Its set back off the road on the right hand side. Theres an aldi there.

Take care
LYNN xx

thevoicewithinme
09-04-08, 12:56
Ah right I am with you now...have been there before doh!!

I will be up for the meet there, so long as I can get myself out of the house.

clobug
17-04-08, 11:32
Hi I am in Stoke too...I live in Abbey Hulton. I too am very isolated, I have no friends here at all so spend all my time on my own. I am originally from Kent, have been living in Stoke for nearly two years now.

coincendently i also live in abbey hulton, i moved up hear around 3 years ago from bristol, i have also struggled to make friends up here.
I suffer from anxiety and depression and this is my first post, i couldn't believe this forum existed until i found it.

clobug
17-04-08, 12:51
hi jimmirock, thanks for the response, i found another thread where they are organising a stoke-on-trent meetup:
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=324829#post324829

thevoicewithinme
17-04-08, 16:56
Hi clobug, sorry only just seen your posting. Which part of the Abbey are you in?? Im literally right next to where they are building the new bungalows.

Kaz

clobug
17-04-08, 20:21
i am further up the road, but we are very close.
thanks for your reply.
so have you had a local meetup yet?

thevoicewithinme
18-04-08, 09:44
Nope not had a local meet up as of yet. I think Lynn (grannyprimark) is trying her hardest to get one arranged.

Do you know of any local support groups etc?

Lilith1980
18-04-08, 10:19
There is "Changes" or "Brighter Futures" - I know Changes run group workshops in better mental wellbeing. They have ones which are mixed, men only or women only so you have a choice.

I've not been to one but I have heard they are good :)

Jo xxxxx

CONS
18-04-08, 11:35
In Stafford there is a place called the "Chartly centre" where people can do group therapies of various elements and emotions.

You need a refferal from your GP though.

Cons

thevoicewithinme
18-04-08, 12:08
Thanks for the advice. I am not sure where Stafford is, as I am not originally from around these parts...and if its too far, am not sure I could get there as have trouble going out.

Lilith1980
18-04-08, 12:35
Stafford is about 30 mins from Stoke by car/train hun.

I have no idea where Abbey Hulton is (not from round here either!) so couldnt tell you if Changes or Brighter Futures are near you.

Jo xxxxx

clobug
18-04-08, 13:22
i picked up a leaflet about changes from the library, aparently there is a meet at the community gardens in abbey hulton on thursdays at 7pm the website is www.changes.org.uk and phone is 01782 289592
I haven't been but i was thinking of going.

thevoicewithinme
18-04-08, 13:57
Thanks for the info clobug...shall take a look at that myself. Now to find out where the community gardens are ...god I am hopeless I dont know anywhere lol

oatsy89
11-07-08, 19:28
Hi all.

Im from stoke lived ere since i was born im 19 but have lost nearly all my friends since they have either moved on grown there own family or they have bcum druggys or alcoholics :( so i no quite a bit bou stoke and its areas but dnt no how to go about making new friends i hav not been diagnosed with SA not that i no wot it is im thinking its sum sort of panic problem hard to cope with being around others but i think i have it too im ded bad for trying to meet new people but yet i want to meet people so bad make friends etc ... i aallways wanted to go college but used the excuse that i dnt wanna go ... but infacet i was just scared of being around all theese new faces...

Get intouch with me someone plz ?

Stylishmissyx
06-02-17, 15:43
Hi my name is kat
Would love to chat with like minded people around
Stoke. I don't know many people and have
Great difficulty to mix with people due to anxieties
So it would be nice to chat with people who also
Experience mental difficulties as it can be a very
Lonely place at times dealing with it

NoraB
06-02-17, 17:51
Fair few Stokies on the forum..it must be the stress of queuing for those 'chaise' oatcakes eh?:D

Before you stick me on ignore, I'm a Stokie born and bred spending 11 years in Burslem, 5 years in Trentham and 20 years in Kidsgrove but I emigrated up North abite 10 years agoo.:ohmy:

Is up 'Anley duck still the place to go shopping?

I miss my oatcakes.:weep:

Bigboyuk
07-02-17, 13:04
Fair few Stokies on the forum..it must be the stress of queuing for those 'chaise' oatcakes eh?:D

Before you stick me on ignore, I'm a Stokie born and bred spending 11 years in Burslem, 5 years in Trentham and 20 years in Kidsgrove but I emigrated up North abite 10 years agoo.:ohmy:

Is up 'Anley duck still the place to go shopping?

I miss my oatcakes.:weep: Hi NoraB, This is a a old thread in fact 9 years old so doubt there isn't many stokies on here now I can only think of 1 or 2 including me :) ahh sadly the pot banks have all nearly gone but good to see Middle Port Pottery is still going :) Hanley has changed beyond reconigtion the old bus station has gone and been replaced by a horrible looking building so not happy on that. Do you remember the Coach Makers Arm pub in Hanley that was due for demolition but the council have run out of money so it's been saved:yesyes: Ahh Happy Days :) Cheers