PDA

View Full Version : Next Southampton/Hants meet up in May!!!!

kazzie
25-03-08, 17:15
Hi Gang:D

Well as I promised here is the thread:yesyes:

After the last meet a few weeks ago people were up for another:yesyes:

So used the trusted format lets start with who would like to come......this does not commit you to anything so dont worry......its all very much a turn up on the day thing but need a rough idea!!!!:yesyes:

Is there any dates anyone cant do????:shrug:

And is a pub with a garden a good idea??:shrug:

Feedback please:D

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

yorkylover
25-03-08, 17:23
Im away the 10th May for a week.And I would really love to come if Im ok at the time.:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: Pub garden sound good.:yesyes:

Richie
25-03-08, 17:43
Yep Southampton not too far from me, i'm away end April but whatever is convenient for other people, best for me on a saturday and if i'm feeling alright lol x
Luv Richie xxxx

bluesparkle
25-03-08, 21:45
well i think you know my answer lol... :D
count me in please kazzie...
but i am at work on the 12th and 13th april and then every other week end.
obviously i know it cant just be arranged around my work hours and i would not expect it to be and if it falls on a week end im at work i will do my best to get my shift changed.
afraid i dont have any suggetions about where though as do not know the area
rach
x

kazzie
25-03-08, 22:08
Hi All:D

Okies well I suggest towards end of May......this will enable Ellen to come if able and hopefully weather will be better lol:D

I think its a given that it has to be a Saturday:yesyes:

I would suggest 24th May or 17th May or 31st May

I will try and find a good venue and post so we can put it to the vote nearer the time:yesyes:

Will be good to see old friends and meet new ones:yesyes:

Right will await more replies:whistles:

Kaz x x x:hugs:

sotonstuart
29-03-08, 20:43
hopefully i should be there... depends on when and where.. :)

pink daisy
29-03-08, 20:45
Yeah me too xx

Granny Primark
29-03-08, 21:13
Kazzie can you arrange one for the first week in sept and then il be able come?
Is there anywhere we could have an open air get together complete with bbq and karaoke?

Take care
LYNN xx

yorkylover
29-03-08, 22:59
Barby and karaoke a little bit to much for me Im afraid.Bit to scarey!!!!:scared10: :scared10: :scared10:

bubblygirl
30-03-08, 18:29
Hey count me in x

kazzie
01-04-08, 21:56
Hi Guys:D

Firstly just to let you know that despite my latest drama the meet up is still on:yesyes:

Just give me a few days to get up to speed and will be back on the case:yesyes:

Lynn of course I can organise one to coincide with your hols:yesyes:

Have it in my mind now we will make a start after the May one.....would be lovely to meet you and show you how wonderful us southeners are:winks:

yorkylover
01-04-08, 23:24
Are you sure Kazz,you have so much to cope with at the mo sweety.where do you get your strength from.:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kazzie
02-04-08, 00:10
Lol Ellen:D

I pick it off the strength tree in the garden lol:D

Seriously mate I dont know:blush:

He is trying my patience tonight but no doubt Ive tried his over the years:wacko:

No meet up is still on for sure:yesyes:

By the way Ellen thanks for the hugs post you started but Nic closed it cos as you know we have to keep everything relevant to one post cos web site isent bottomless lol:D

Hope you are doing okies and other half and doggies etc:shrug:

kazzie
04-04-08, 22:39
Ok lets make it 31st May???:yesyes:

I have a suggestion for a venue:yesyes:

The Alverstoke hotel.....they have lots of parking, a big garden, do bar food,tea coffee etc and dogs are allowed!!!!

It is located just past Lee on Solent on the Stokes Bay rd and is hard to miss:yesyes:

Well over to you again.....feedback please??

yorkylover
05-04-08, 00:08
Sounds good Kazz,right by the beach.:yesyes: I have walked past it loads of times never been in!!!!!!!:scared15:

kazzie
05-04-08, 14:39
Tis nice in there Ellen and dogs are allowed in the garden so if you come so can they!!!!:yesyes:

Quite spacious inside but cosy if that makes sense??:shrug:

Right will wait for others to catch up and see what they think before we make it definate!!!

bluesparkle
05-04-08, 18:31
:D
that is my week end off so count me in ...
cant wait...
rach
x

kazzie
05-04-08, 21:48
Nice one Rach:yesyes:

Im sure they have a website.....could some clever person find it and post a link here please???

Im useless and clueless at such things:blush:

kazzie
05-04-08, 21:55
Its called The Alverbank Country House Hotel!!!!:D

Its no where near as posh as it sounds lol:D

On Stokes Bay Rd

It has a website if someone could do a link I would be grateful:yesyes:

Karen
05-04-08, 23:55
Here you are Kaz:

http://www.alverbankhotel.co.uk/nonflash/index.htm

Karen xx

kazzie
06-04-08, 00:08
Cheers Karen you brainy article lol:yesyes:

Would be lovely to see you there....you can always crash at mine as will have a spare room by then.....no pressure but have a think on it yeah???

Karen
06-04-08, 01:32
Thank you Kaz. That is very kind. :hugs: It would be nice to see you again :) I will think about it.

Karen xx

yorkylover
06-04-08, 20:41
Looks nice,:yesyes: who else is going!!!!!!!!!

trac67
06-04-08, 20:49
Count me in Kazz seeing as its only 5 minutes from me lol

Just remind me nearer the time you know how scatter brained i am

Love

Trac xx

kazzie
06-04-08, 20:51
Nice one Trac:yesyes:

Not sure yet Ellen still finding out lol:yesyes:

kazzie
09-04-08, 21:23
Just giving this a bump as we dont seem to have had much response:shrug:

yorkylover
10-04-08, 14:12
ANYONE COMING TO THE MEET UP!!!!!!!!!
Poor Kazz has really tried bless her,she has had so much to deal with latley and is still trying to organise a meet up with not much response.
KAZZ:bighug1:

kazzie
10-04-08, 21:05
Lol Bless you Ellen:hugs:

Think everyone is concentrating (and quite rightly) on this weekends meet up!!!:yesyes:

Sure there will be more bodies along soon:yesyes:

yorkylover
11-04-08, 00:05
Have I missed something,which meet up is this weekend?:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

kazzie
11-04-08, 22:08
Ellen:hugs:

Its quite a big one in Long Eaton, I would have gone but would have had to stay overnight and couldent get a petsitter:mad:

Think its under midlands meet up

yorkylover
11-04-08, 23:13
Sounds scarey being a big one:scared15: you are braver than me Kazz.

kazzie
27-04-08, 22:12
Right last bump!!!!:yesyes:

ANYONE COMING???????:shrug:

If we dont get more response then it will have to be cancelled:weep:

So come on peeps dust off yer shorts and prepare to have fun:yesyes:

nomorepanic
27-04-08, 22:30
We are hoping to come Kazz - can't see why we can't make that day

kazzie
27-04-08, 23:17
Nice one Nic:yesyes:

Trac and Ellen are possible Bluesparkle (rach) is deffo but dont want her coming all the way from Dorset to meet well me lol!!!!:)

Small meet ups are a hoot we had one earlier this year if you remember:shrug:

Im sure I can drag Stu along too (soton stuart) as well!!!!

Ok maybe its a done deal after all:shrug:

Lets see how it goes:shrug:

Kaz x x x :hugs:

Ps if you and alex wanted to make a weekend of it its a fabby hotel beach opposite really nice!!!!

nomorepanic
27-04-08, 23:29
We probably will stay over Kaz and I think Stu is coming as well cos he wants to meet his new manager in person :winks: :yesyes: :yahoo:

Karen
27-04-08, 23:49
I'm still not sure Kaz. Put me down as a possible maybe. Still feeling self conscious about my weight gain and struggling with loss of confidence :blush:

Karen xx

kazzie
27-04-08, 23:55
Hi Nic:D

The hotel is lovely Karen kindly posted a link if you look back!!!

Lol at Stu he is lovely:hugs:

Karen you would be soooooo welcome and like I said welcome to stay at mine if you wish:hugs:

Ohhhh excited now looks like it might be on after all:yesyes:

Just read this Im not laughing at Stu just the thought of him meeting his manager:hugs:

kazzie
28-04-08, 00:16
Karen:D

I hope you will come:yesyes:

We all have issues:blush:

Mine at the mo is I have receding gums so half my teeth look black at the top:lac:

Nothing can be done except implants at the cost of one and a half grand PER TOOTH!!!!!

So dont worry about an extra couple of pounds......I have an extra couple of stone and teeth lol!!!!!!

See ya there I hope.....you too Nic:hugs:

sotonstuart
28-04-08, 00:58
Oh i will be there...

also i am FAR too camp for my own good.. ><

bottleblond
28-04-08, 11:12
You don't say Stu!! :whiplash::notworthy: Lol...Mwah!!

xxxxx

bluesparkle
28-04-08, 12:43
yes i am a definate. . . :yesyes:
its my week end off. . .
im going to a concert the next day (never been before because of panic) so be nice to be around people who understand.
i really enjoyed the last meet up. . .
i dont mind coming from here for how ever many turn up. . . it will be worth it.
again i am not sure if i will have my daughter with me or not though. . .
i know this may sound a bit selfish but if i can i will see if she can go to a friends.
ok. . . well looking forward to it already
rach
x

gary_2.0
30-04-08, 22:20
Hi everyone. I'm new here, so somewhat of an unknown quantity, but if it's ok I'd like to register a definate maybe.

I live in Gosport and know the Alverbank well. The garden is really nice and spacious and would be perfect - if the weather holds out.

So if it's ok with everyone and I feel alright on the day I'd love to attend. May 31st leaves good time to get to know everyone here too.

kazzie
30-04-08, 23:02
Hi Gary:D

You are more than welcome:D

We are a friendly bunch and the meet ups normally leave us all on a high:yesyes:

You wont be the only one thats *new* :D

Pm me if ya wanna chat

Kaz x:hugs:

gary_2.0
30-04-08, 23:46
Thanks very much for the reply Kaz. I'm reasonably sure I shall be ok once I get there, especially as we are all in a similar situation. The best thing I can do is not think about it at all or have any preconceptions. Just turn on the day and then make a fool of myself. Only joking. I hope.

For those who've not been to the Alverbank here's a couple of photos of Stanley Park (http://www.gosport.gov.uk/sections/environment/horticulture/parks-and-open-spaces/19-stanley-park/) which is adjacent to the pub. It'll give you some idea of the peaceful setting. I think I might have one or two photos taken in the pub garden some years ago actually. I'll see if I can track them down. Blimey anyone would think I wanted a job dong PR for the place.

yorkylover
30-04-08, 23:56
Hi Gary,your not alone.I feel the same,I would love to attend the meet up but Im not saying I will go just in case I can't make it.I want to just try and turn up on the day.That way I dont let anyone down including myself.

Im local to.:hugs: I have taken my dogs to Stanley park.:hugs:

gary_2.0
01-05-08, 00:13
Hope you can make it and yes, best not to think about it.

Don't bring your dogs this time Ellen unless you want me to ignore everyone else. I love dogs and would dearly love to have another but until I can be sure I'm able to take it out regularly I'll have to wait.

yorkylover
01-05-08, 13:21
Gary I may have to bring one of my dogs for moral support!!!!:blush: I will see.

I think a dog would do you good,its the only time I get out for a walk.They are good therapy.
There so many out there that need someone like you to love them.:yesyes:

kazzie
01-05-08, 15:32
Hi Gary and Ellen:D

Best way I think....just get up on the day and do it!!!!

I really hope you both make it and Ellen cant wait to meet the doggies:yesyes:

Ps cheers for the piccies Gary:yesyes:

gary_2.0
01-05-08, 15:40
Yes Ellen of course bring the little scamps along, I was only kidding. It would certainly make me feel relaxed.

The therapeutic effects of owning a dog would be immense I'm sure. I only have to see a picture of one...

leisa
01-05-08, 21:55
yes i would be intrested in coming i am quite flexable thanx leisa

kazzie
01-05-08, 22:25
You will be welcome Leisa:yesyes:

gary_2.0
01-05-08, 22:43
yes i would be intrested in coming i am quite flexable thanx leisa

You're not travelling down from birmingham are you? :ohmy: That's what I call flexible!

kazzie
01-05-08, 22:49
Hey Gary I noticed from another post u dont drive anymore!!!

If u want a lift just shout:yesyes:

yorkylover
01-05-08, 23:08
Im getting butterflies in my tummy when I see this thread now,Im so going to try and come.:yesyes: :yesyes: Its a goal and I want to do it.Im terrified of social gatherings so this will be a massive goal for me.:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

yorkylover
01-05-08, 23:10
Gary do you live in Gosport?

kazzie
01-05-08, 23:16
Come on Ellen you can do it:yesyes:

Only a small meet up and we all understand:yesyes:

If it helps I will meet u myself first and we can go in together.....well u me doggies and partners:winks:

yorkylover
01-05-08, 23:24
Im sure I can do it, Im looking forward to meeting you.I hope its a nice day so we can sit outside.:yesyes: :yesyes: Actually I think Im looking forward to it.:yahoo:

gary_2.0
01-05-08, 23:40
@Kaz: Thank you very much for the offer of a lift. That's very kind of you Kaz. I think I'd like to make my own way there. It would allow me to feel more in control and therefore give me added confidence by the time I arrived. If I change my mind I shall let you know. Thanks again.

@Ellen: Yes I do live in Gosport Ellen. The judge said It was that or prison and I lost!

Seriously I do hope you come but of course there's is no pressure and it's a long way off yet. I'm not sure what to add actually because I know I shall feel nervous nearer the time. However chatting with you all helps a great deal and I am cautiously optimistic but I'm not going to build it up into anything. Just a casual drink with like minded people who have a really good understanding of how it feels to be us. We can chat, we can just listen. No pressure.

'No public mask required' is how I envisage it, if that makes sense. If anyone wishes to chat before hand I'm sure I can muster enough confidence to do that. As before - no pressure.

celeste
01-05-08, 23:41
I'll be there. After all we're all in the same boat. If i start behaving oddly none of you will turn a hair will you? :D

Ellen you can do it. We can go together if you like i'm only down the road.:)

yorkylover
01-05-08, 23:46
Hey Celeste you sound well positive:yesyes: thats the way we have to look at it I suppose,we are all in the same boat.:yesyes:

celeste
01-05-08, 23:54
Too right. We'll all be feeling the same way to different degrees & theres comfort in knowing the others know how that is.:)

bluesparkle
02-05-08, 13:10
ok. . .
i will be going but it will be my second time i went to the meet up in fareham. . . im sure mr panic/anxiety will try to come but he isnt invited!!!
anyway just wanted to share with you . . .
i was absolutely posative that i was going to go there was nothing going to stop me so i put it to the back of my mind until the morning of the meet.
got my petrol set sat nav sorted kids and left. . . dawned on me i was on a motorway. . .no problem.
got to the car park parked the car and "wham" sudden fit of the nerves. . .
well i wasnt going to go home no way. . . and the people i was about to meet would understand how i felt.
i text kazzie who replied and made me feel at ease at once. . . we met at the door and from that moment(well a few mins after lol) it was great, i had a lovely day and like has been said felt on such a high after. . .
so what im trying to say is it WILL be fine. . . they are lovely people and we all understand.
looking forward to meeting you all
rach
x

yorkylover
02-05-08, 13:35
Thanks Rach,look forward to meeting you.I'll be scared.:scared15: But I think I can do it,:yesyes: and I think the others can to:yesyes:

kazzie
11-05-08, 21:23
Hi Guys:D

Just giving this a bump:winks:

Is it still taking place????:shrug:

I know Ellen is a maybe but she is on hols this week so wont be posting

To confirm

SATIRDAY 31ST MAY

ALVERBANK HOTEL STOKES BAY (see back a couple of pages for link)

ABOUT 2PM

I have 3 spare seats in car and Im coming from Southampton:D

Anyone??

gary_2.0
11-05-08, 22:45
I was a little concerned for a moment when I saw you'd posted Kaz. As the link carried me over here and before it eventually loaded I was thinking, "Please don't say it's cancelled". I should worry, well I do obviously, but if anyone's going to cancel it'll be me but I refuse to entertain such thoughts at the moment and I'm still very much looking forward to it.

I can't offer any guarantee of course but the thought of meeting new people, however nerve-racking that might eventually become, has brought me a new sense of optimism. Plain old, 'having something to look forward to', would explain it too - plus the weather of course. Hope it stays bright.

I won't go putting extra pressure on anyone but my list has over ten names of those who've at least expressed an interest and I say this as much to myself as anyone - we all understand each other's situation so we shall be safe all together. I imagine my biggest problem will be not wanting to leave especially if Ellen brings her doggies. Aw, I'm such a softy!:D Quick someone start talking about football before I look like a total wuss. Can't wait for next week - play up Pompey :yesyes:

Although I might seem quite chatty and confident here please don't let me scare anyone into thinking, 'sounds like everyone's going to be jolly and fun except for me - I can't do it I can't go', because that's what I'll doubtless be thinking too and likely to be a little dumbstruck.

So anyway, yes. Yes I still plan to go, is the short answer. :)

bluesparkle
12-05-08, 08:38
hi kazzie
im having a few problems at mo so not around much but i will be there. . .
but i think you know that lol
if i dont catch you before i willtext on the morning of the meet
rach
x

kazzie
12-05-08, 15:19
Hi Gary and Rach:D

No intentions of cancelling the meet up:D

Just alerting people who may not have seen the post and reminding others:D

Obviously people may or may not be there on the day such is the nature of the beast:winks:

Wonder if Pompey will win the cup eh Gary????(I was born in Pompey!!!)

See ya all soon

kazzie
17-05-08, 22:07
Just bumping this again:yesyes:

2 weeks to go:D

yorkylover
17-05-08, 23:01
O my doesn't time fly:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

kazzie
18-05-08, 00:05
Ohhhhh Pompey won the cup:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Now dont forget the meet up peeps:D

I will be there cos its a good excuse to waste an afternoon in a nice pub garden lol:)

Hope someone will join me:shrug:

honeybee3939
18-05-08, 20:51
Hi Kazzie

Its blinking noisy in Southampton ...lol

Im here now in a hotel right next to THE MAIN TRAIN LINE !!LOL

hubby as a business meeting tommo so thought i would travel down with him(5 hours drive!).

Im hoping he comes down again when it falls on one of the meet-ups.:yesyes:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

kazzie
19-05-08, 00:24
Ohhhh Andrea:D

Dunno what hotel you are in etc but more than welcome to pop round here if you like:D

Meet up is a week on Sat so not sure if you will be down again that soon

Granny Primark has asked me to do one for Sept when she is here on hols so maybe then if you cant make a week on Sat???

honeybee3939
19-05-08, 20:21
HI Kazzie

Thanks for the cuppa offer:flowers:

We arrived home about an hour ago, didnt get much sleep(because of the trains:winks: ).lol we stayed at the Premier Inn in Southampton Centre. Southampton is a lovely place loved the docks, managed to call and see Trac for a couple of hours while hubby was at the meeting which was nice. hope to come again, hopefully hubby can arrange a trip when its a meet-up will let you know.

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx
xxxx

kazzie
19-05-08, 23:12
Would be lovely to see ya again Andrea:hugs:

I live on the outskirts of Southampton.....very quiet here:yesyes:

kazzie
21-05-08, 13:46
Just another bump:D

Not long now:D

yorkylover
21-05-08, 16:29
:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

kazzie
21-05-08, 17:19
Hi Ellen:D

Whats with the:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: ????

Dident know I was that scarey:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Seriously tho Im still hoping to meet You and other half and doggies:yesyes:

Im starting to wonder if I will be there on my own lol........mind you I can think of worse places to waste an afternoon in lol:whistles:

yorkylover
21-05-08, 23:54
:ohmy: oh my,can't believe its nearly here.I dont think your be there on your own.Im pretty sure I shall be there.Im getting nagged by my dad now,he said I should go even offered to take me bless him.But Rich is going with me.
I know if I dont go I shall be letting myself down bigtime,and it will be a massive goal for me if I can make it.:yesyes:

Do you know who else is going?Celeste may be going,havent met her but she lives quite near me.

kazzie
22-05-08, 13:56

To be honest I dont have a clue who is going:wacko:

There was a lot of interest but seems to be tailing off now:shrug:

Bluesparkle is a definate I know

The last meet up was quite small but in a way they are nicer I think than the big ones:yesyes:

Glad to hear you may make it:hugs:

alihud
22-05-08, 15:16
I can't make it unfortunately as i work on saturdays otherwise i would have come.
Ali xxx

kazzie
22-05-08, 15:50
Thats a shame Ali:mad:

Maybe next time???:D

yorkylover
22-05-08, 17:20
O well small is better for a first meet up,hope some others can make it,be nice if they let you know though.Ill see if Celeste is coming.
Hope it dont rain,then dogs will have to stay behind,and I will be more nervouse of going inside than sitting out,if you know what I mean.:scared15:

kazzie
22-05-08, 18:45
Hi Ellen:hugs:

From memory there are patio doors that lead from the bar onto the garden so even if we have to sit inside it wont be dark and pokey inside if that makes sense:wacko:

When I did my first meet up in Bosham I went to the venue the week before so on the day it dident seem too strange:yesyes:

I guess if you are able you could pop down there over the weekend and have a little look around......it will make you more at ease on the day:yesyes:

But honestly they are such good fun and therapy once you meet others you will forget your anxiety I promise:hugs:

And you cant beat the feeling of woooooo I did it:yesyes:

And might I add you have come a long way....when I first "met you" you would not have entertained the idea:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Keeping my fingers crossed:D

gary_2.0
22-05-08, 20:38
Well I am determined to be there even if I have to sit looking and feeling like a rabbit caught in the headlights. Social contact is the best therapy of all to my mind. I too was thinking of reconnoitring the Alver' myself as I've not been there in a long time. I'll see if my pal Col wants to drive me down there the weekend before.

Oh and Bosham is a really lovely place. I've some nice photos from several years ago when I was with my ex living in West Sussex taken along the harbour. Perhaps I'll upload one or two - just for something to do.

Anyway, roll on the 31st, I'm getting impatient and want to start planning for another one!

kazzie
22-05-08, 22:36
:D Hello again Gary:D

I was wondering where you had gone:shrug:

Glad to hear you are still hoping to make it:yesyes:

Once I decide what to wear I will post on here so we all have half a chance of recognising each other lol:D

If anyone needs my mobile PM me please:hugs:

I will also post details of my car so if anyone is outside in the car park they can find that and I will come find them:yesyes:

Hey Matey Pompey won the cup:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Did you watch the match.....I was on the edge of my seat:whistles:

Roll on 31st....getting excited now:yesyes:

Ps Gary the weekend before the meetup is this weekend lol:D

yorkylover
22-05-08, 22:55
Im coming:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: I have decided:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: I know I will have the dogs but hey if that gets me there then so be it.:yesyes:
Good idea Kazz ill try a take a look before hand.:hugs:
:woof :woof :woof :woof

kazzie
22-05-08, 23:04
Fantastic news Ellen:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

But theres still no pressure mate:hugs:

If needed I will bring my brolly and we will sit in the garden:yesyes:

Ohhhhh soooooooooo excited now:yesyes:

kazzie
22-05-08, 23:06
Ohhh Ellen and isent the aroma of wet dog so nice:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Lol:D

gary_2.0
23-05-08, 06:43
I've been around Kazzie and have drafted many replies to other people's posts but I've also been low, off and on, these past couple of weeks so don't really feel in the right frame of mind to comfort or offer advice. I get so far then abandon the message. I know it's what this forum's for but I don't really like going on about my problems, I'd rather offer empathy or insight where I can. Anyway enough of that for now.

I liked the remark about the smell of 'wet dog'. I'd forgotten all about that delight. I WANNA DOG TOO!

Hey wouldn't it be funny if we all did a reccy the week before and then bottled it on the day!? Along with the possible reccy, I'm hoping to buy some, or at least one item, of clothing to jolly myself up.

Plus I'm still seriously thinking about getting another car. I've seen a couple online that I like the look of so who knows I may arrive in something fancy! I do need to be able to justify having it though by working out where to go and making sure it gets used. Besides acting as obligatory taxi service for my ageing relatives and family.

I've updated my profile with a photo so I can be recognised at the meet-up. Or avoided of course!

yorkylover
23-05-08, 13:01
You wont miss me Ill have this big black beast with me & no I dont me Richard my partner:roflmao: :roflmao:

Buddy needs a big brolly Kazz,we shall have to use one of the parasoles from the tables.:roflmao: :roflmao:

Not long to go now.
Sorry you have been down Gary,hope you feel better now.Buddy will cheer you up. :hugs:

kazzie
23-05-08, 19:51
Just saying Hi:D

Im sure we will have fun!!!:yesyes:

Has anyone got a camera???:shrug:

Ohhhh and the brains to download some piccies:D

Only a week to go:yesyes:

gary_2.0
23-05-08, 20:30
Just saying Hi:D

Im sure we will have fun!!!:yesyes:

Has anyone got a camera???:shrug:

Ohhhh and the brains to download some piccies:D

Only a week to go:yesyes:

Just bought a swish new digital one last week. (Link for tech buffs (http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/479294/index.html)) I wasn't going to mention bringing it along in case it spooked anyone. We're all nervous enough without having someone stealing our souls with one of those new-fangled picture box contraptions :D I will be very considerate and won't 'get in anyone's face'. Too busy reading the manual probably!

gary_2.0
23-05-08, 20:34
Buddy will cheer you up.

Yes indeed. Of that I've no doubt :yesyes:

Sorry just realised I double posted!

kazzie
23-05-08, 23:09
Hey Gary:D

Please bring the camera:yesyes:

No One will be forced to have their piccie taken if they dont want to!!!!

But it is cool if we can get a piccie or two and put them on the gallery cos it encourages other members to attend meet ups local to them!!!!:yesyes:

Check out the meet ups section on the gallery.....no one looks scared!!!!

Anyhow must get a piccie of Ellens lovely doggies if nothing else:yesyes:

Ohhhhh cant wait now:D

yorkylover
23-05-08, 23:15
Rich has a digital camera.Its trying to get them uploaded,but Im sure we shall figure it out.:wacko:
What time is the meet up??

Why arnt many responding:weep:

kazzie
23-05-08, 23:25

Dont know why the lack of response :shrug:

But a little local meet up is nice:yesyes:

Ask Rich to bring his camera too:yesyes:

All I know is you email piccies to Nic and she will sort them:wacko:

Happy Daze

kazzie
23-05-08, 23:26
Sorry Ellen:blush:

About 2pm ish I thought if that suits all

Bill
24-05-08, 03:00
I've been following this thread with much sadness because I could have got there if it wasn't for the day it's being held which I know can't be helped.

I hope all goes well. I'll be thinking of you all.:hugs:

Karen
24-05-08, 17:11
Sorry Kaz but I don't think I'll be able to make this one.

I'm struggling with a number of issues at the moment and these are making my anxiety and depression much worse. I've been feeling very down and I don't think it would be right for me to attend.

There have also been the issues on here so I think it is best I stay away. Sorry.

Karen xx

kazzie
24-05-08, 20:48
Hi:D

Bill there will be another in September so maybe then???

Lol Karen just posted on your thread asking if you were coming:)

Please dont feel you cant.....it would be sooooo good to see you again but if you cant then you cant and I respect that:shades:

Bill are you local to Hampshire then???

yorkylover
24-05-08, 23:24
Is Tracey from Gosport going?

breeze25
25-05-08, 12:48
I would of loved to have made this one, but going away for the weekend, looking forward to the sept one though.

kazzie
25-05-08, 23:47
Ellen....Trac was coming but not heard from her in ages:hugs:

Mev..... have a good weekend away and will keep ya posted re Sept:yesyes:

yorkylover
26-05-08, 15:26
I did pm Tracey but have heard nothing back!!!!

Went and had a quick look at the garden at the Alver when we took the dogs to the beach.Looks nice.:yesyes:

kazzie
26-05-08, 21:57
Hi Ellen:hugs:

I dunno where Trac has gone:shrug:

Glad you made it to the alver for a look.....did it make you feel less anxious???:shrug:

Oh well 5 days and counting.......Ive ordered sunshine for Saturday:roflmao:

yorkylover
26-05-08, 23:01
I felt anxious driving into it,but not to bad.Be pooping myself by the end of the week.:scared15: But I will be ok.
Im glad you have ordered sunshine:yesyes:

kazzie
27-05-08, 00:53
Im soooo hoping you make it Ellen:hugs:

You were one of the first people I spoke to here when I first joined:yesyes:

In chat mostly:D

But there is no pressure at all ......like I said if I spend the afternoon there alone oh well:shrug:

By the way I will be wearing a white t shirt, black leggings, pink trainers and maybe a pink fleece but if anyone wants to check out the last meet in the south on gallery Im on it!!!

Kinda got ginger and blonde hair

Car reg number is HKO7 XNO blue renault megane so if anyone is worried etc find my car and text me and I will meet you in car park......if you want my mobile number pm me!!!!

Phew covered all angles now......watch this space:D

And Gary and Rich(Ellens Rich) please bring cameras if you can:yesyes:

gary_2.0
27-05-08, 23:21
"I will be wearing.....pink trainers and maybe a pink fleece"

I'm glad you mentioned it, I should hate to clash. :blush:

I'm just starting to think about what I might wear actually but there doesn't seem to be much choice. I was hoping to get something over the weekend but the person I was going with couldn't make it.

Don't be surprised if I arrive in dressing gown and slippers! :D

yorkylover
27-05-08, 23:39
Starting to get bit nervy now,but looking forward to meeting people in the same boat:yesyes:

kazz can you pm me your mobile no just so I have it please.:hugs:

kazzie
27-05-08, 23:43
Lol Gary:D

Thanks for sending out the pms:D

Ellen will Pm you my number now:yesyes:

4 days and counting.....

kazzie
29-05-08, 15:59
Just another bump as only 2 days to go:D

I have heard from Richie and Bluesparkle both hope to be there:yesyes:

And the sunshine I ordered looks like it will be arriving:yesyes:

See ya all soon:hugs:

yorkylover
29-05-08, 16:40
I heard it was going to be nice:yesyes: :yesyes:
I shall probably just be bringing Buddy the newf with me as Ollie gets a little restless when just sitting around,where as Bud doesn't care,he just loves people.:hugs: see ya soon:yesyes:

leisa
29-05-08, 18:48
wear about is southampton? i would love 2 come im in birmingham so how far do u reckon or how long would it take me if any1 could help me with this imfo would really b grateful thanx xleisax

leisa
29-05-08, 19:01
ive just realized its miles away i think id got northampton in my head,so obviously i cant make it but hope u all have fantastic time n look 4ward 2 seeing photos n reading ur posts about the day,good luck ever1 xleisax

nomorepanic
29-05-08, 19:43
I am really sorry that Alex and I can't make it but I have explained my reasons to Kazzie so she can fill you all in.

Have a fab day and get us some pics done please.

gary_2.0
29-05-08, 20:27
:sad: There's a phone box round the corner, shall I book it? :blush:

yorkylover
29-05-08, 22:56
Its would have been nice to have had a idea of how many were going?but hey never mind,I think alot of people have to wait nearer the time to see how they are feeling.:hugs:
Hey Gary once my dog got in the phone box there wouldnt be any room for anyone else:roflmao:

I havent managed to get hold of celeste,she has been on holiday but said she was back before the meet,so she may go.:hugs:

Hey Kazz one more day to go:yesyes:

kazzie
30-05-08, 13:50
Hi All:)

Well think there will be about 5 of us plus partners and Buddy (Ellens doggy)

Others may turn up depending on how they feel tomorrow:shades:

Leisa you are right Southampton is a long way from Birmingham but hopefully we will have some piccies to post:yesyes:

Lol Gary:D .....hope we will have more than enough to fill a phone box!!!!

Cant wait to meet you all and Buddy too:hugs:

Hey just realised in 24 hrs we will be there:yahoo:

kazzie
30-05-08, 13:52
Hi Nic:)

Sorry to hear that You and Alex cant make it but I do understand.......maybe next time:D

yorkylover
30-05-08, 16:24
O its so close:yesyes: Whos going Kazz?

Hope everyone likes dogs,cant not like Buddy.:yesyes:

celeste
30-05-08, 16:25
Count me in...just back from holiday :D

yorkylover
30-05-08, 16:31
O excellent Celeste:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Im bit nervouse but looking forward now to meeting you all,hey Gary think we need more than a phone box now:roflmao:

Sorry you wont be there Nic & Alex,been nice to have met you both.:hugs:

http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh178/ELLEN171166/th_HPIM0751.jpg (http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh178/ELLEN171166/?action=view&current=HPIM0751.jpg)

Buddy says Hi:yesyes:

kazzie
30-05-08, 17:29
Nice one Celeste:yesyes:

Ohhh Ellen he is lovely....I cant wait to have a squidge:D

See you all soon

gary_2.0
30-05-08, 18:00
Buddy looks like a big old friendly ball of fluff and as soppy as anything :) He looks huge on that sofa!

Looking at the rest of your album, Ollie looks to be thinking, "Hurry up and take it will you I can't hold this pose forever. And make sure you get my good side ok?"

Is that you and grandchild Ellen? Nice pics all of them including sooty.

:D

I had a very minor panic this afternoon with reference to tomorrow but I'm just going to busy myself with housework, fixing a computer for a friend, a haircut - self administered (never the same look twice), a bath and anything else I can think of to distract me. I have to stop typing now because I'm already thinking about things and starting to lose it.

kazzie
30-05-08, 23:05
Hey Gary:D

You will be cool mate:yesyes:

Cant wait to meet old friends and new:yesyes:

And please dont forget cameras.....I dont own one too thick for that:blush:

See ya all soon:yesyes:

yorkylover
30-05-08, 23:32
Hey Gary do I look that old that I have a grandchild!!!!!!!:ohmy: its my hairdressers baby.

I think you will be ok tomorrow, if I can do it so can you,just remember we will all be feeling the same.:hugs:

kazzie
30-05-08, 23:57
Hey Ellen lovely pics:yesyes:

Im not old enough to be a granny either lol:ohmy:

My two call me Karen they have been trained pmsl:D

See you all tomm:yesyes:

Cant wait now I think this is gonna be fun:yesyes:

yorkylover
31-05-08, 00:01
See ya all tomorrow:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

gary_2.0
31-05-08, 07:49
:ohmy: See you all today!

yorkylover
31-05-08, 08:55
O my god today is here:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: cant believe it.
And its sunny:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
See ya all later:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

kazzie
31-05-08, 10:25
Morning Gang:D :D :D

See you all this afternoon:yesyes:

Cant wait:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

celeste
31-05-08, 11:52
Good Morning....see you all there :D :D

kazzie
31-05-08, 12:28
Right Im off:D

See ya all there:yesyes:

Safe journeys all:yesyes:

gary_2.0
31-05-08, 12:35
You too Kazzie :)

yorkylover
31-05-08, 18:14
Thanks for organising the meet up Kazz,.Nice to have met you and hubby and Celeste and gary.I think we all did really well,when we didn't know how many were going to be there.:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

gary_2.0
31-05-08, 18:39
Yes indeed Ellen, we all deserve credit for making it happen. And thanks Kaz for the extra encouragement today. And to Roger for the lift home.

I know it sounds like a cliche but please don't take it to be anything less than sincere when I say that everyone was so nice and relaxed, friendly and welcoming. I had a very enjoyable fun afternoon, even if it did take me a good while to relax. I nearly bottled it -twice. And of course I'm glad I didn't. I found it much harder to push myself into going than I thought I would but I'm now very much looking forward to the next meet-up and hope another can be arranged between now and the one already planned for September.

I'll compress the pictures to a reasonable size for uploading and PM each of you with a download address. That'll give the impatient among you - Kazzie - a chance to get them before they go to Nic and onto the NMP gallery.

Now just between us, who was that bloke at our table with the beard and glasses? Looked like a tramp with a slightly above average clothing budget.

kate
31-05-08, 18:54
So glad you had a good time :D

Kate

gary_2.0
31-05-08, 18:59
Thank you Kate :)

kazzie
31-05-08, 19:10
Lol Gary:D You did so not look like a tramp......you were very smartly dressed:yesyes:

It was lovely to meet you Ellen and Rich and Bud also......Im still nice and hairy now:roflmao:

Lovely to meet you too Celeste:hugs:

Well done everyone:yesyes:

celeste
31-05-08, 20:22
It was lovely to meet you all.....& I have bought my lottery ticket, all the 2's :) :D

Well done to everybody

kazzie
31-05-08, 20:40
Oooohhh Celeste Im watching lotto now lol:D

Lovely to meet you:hugs:

Karen
01-06-08, 03:56
Well done to all who made it :yesyes: and I am so glad you had an enjoyable afternoon :)

Can't wait to see the pictures :kewlpics:

Sorry I couldn't make it this time but maybe the next one. I'm hoping the summer will see me get back on track again.

Well done to you all.

Karen xx

gary_2.0
01-06-08, 10:18
Thank you Karen and I'm sorry you couldn't attend but hopefully next time you shall.

Nicola should have the pictures from me shortly so anytime soon!

A postscript to the day that I forgot to mention is that as Kaz, Roger and I were leaving the pub, while waiting at the junction to rejoin the coast road, a boat seated upon a trailer sailed past in front of us with it's name proudly emblazoned upon it's hull. It read, in three foot high script, Don't Panic!

How ironic :)

kazzie
01-06-08, 13:03
Lol Gary:)

Id forgotton that :D

bottleblond
01-06-08, 13:33
Gary

That is sooooooooo bizzar!!! Wow lol

Lisa
xxx

kazzie
03-06-08, 22:01
Piccies are now on gallery:yesyes:

Cheers Gary for sorting them and Nic for putting them on gallery:hugs:

Kaz x x x

nomorepanic
03-06-08, 22:10
I just need to add names to the pics now.

Glad you all had a fab day. Sorry for the delay in getting the pics up.

gary_2.0
03-06-08, 22:20
Don't be a silly! You have nothing to apologise for Nic.

Hope you're feeling a bit better :)

kate
04-06-08, 07:07
Just had a little sneaky look in the gallery, lovely photo's of you all :D

So glad you had a lovely time!

Kate

pink daisy
04-06-08, 20:44
Aww looks like you all had a great time!! but I was quite upset about one thing about the pictures.... The dog was not named also!! lol

kazzie
04-06-08, 21:00
Hi:D

The doggie is called Buddy and belongs to Yorkylover:D

He is a massive Newfoundland and sooooo sweet:hugs:

gary_2.0
04-06-08, 22:37
Aww looks like you all had a great time!! but I was quite upset about one thing about the pictures.... The dog was not named also!! lol

Actually he is if you look at the photo itself. I've printed all our names including Buddy on the footer of each pic. I wouldn't dare leave him off the credits. Gorgeous fella :D

Next time I hope to spend more time with him but contrary to how relaxed we all looked, I for one, was extremely self-conscious and found it difficult to move out of position once I was sat down.

:yesyes: Hope to do it all again soon though.