PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal and do you....

crazykate
25-03-08, 20:33
Totally focus on a symptom and not be able to get it out of your head.

Normally I suffer from really bad cramps the week before my period but because I have just spent the last 4 days freaking out about my pain in the tailbone that I must have just tunned in on that and basicly its took over the last 96 hours:ohmy: I've just come on but have been so focused on the other thing that i've not even noticed my period coming:shrug:

The mind is a bizzar thing don't you think It really can take over your life.

Please tell me im not the only one to experience this.

bottleblond
25-03-08, 20:46
Hi Kate,

Ok your not crazy hun. It's defo normal to focus on any health issue that is bothering you. I'm the exact same way at the moment so please don't feel you are on your own.

Hope you feel better soon

Love Lisa
xxx

jadeybags
26-03-08, 20:42
Totally focus on a symptom and not be able to get it out of your head.

Normally I suffer from really bad cramps the week before my period but because I have just spent the last 4 days freaking out about my pain in the tailbone that I must have just tunned in on that and basicly its took over the last 96 hours:ohmy: I've just come on but have been so focused on the other thing that i've not even noticed my period coming:shrug:

The mind is a bizzar thing don't you think It really can take over your life.

Please tell me im not the only one to experience this.

Oh geez the mind is way too powerful a thing! Ive had every illness under the sun in the last 14 or so yrs, and my mind has made every ache and pain ten times worse than a 'normal' person would of had! I know from experience that the saying mind over matter, is a very true saying! People can only come to that conclusion themselves though, no one can tell you it! Time and experiences of it, is the only way of realising it. When you get over the initial symptom and come out the other side, over and over, over many yrs, you get more used to it and understand it.
x