PDA

View Full Version : I still feel nauseous

devon_guy
25-03-08, 20:40
I've been on Citalopram for 12 days now and whilst my nausea isn't constant like it was at the start, it keeps coming over in waves and makes me feel really lousy until I take anti-nausea meds. I would have thought it would have worn off now.....has anyone got any experience??

ChrisE
25-03-08, 22:18
I can't comment with regards to the citalopram, but i am having similar experiences with fluoxetine (prozac). I have taken them for 16 days now and the nausea keeps coming and going. My appetite also keeps coming and going. My GP said that this is common in the first 2-4 weeks of taking SSRI's and given that citalopram is an ssri as well as prozac i think you clould well have the same problem.

Do you get any other side effects? Just try and ride the storm for a few weeks or contact your GP if you are really worried.

Hope this helps

Chris

shakygirl
26-03-08, 08:32
Nausea was my main anxiety symptom and it was not made better by the citalopram. I am 4 weeks in now and it has pretty much gone.

I found that I was actually feeling nauseous because my blood sugar was low so by eating something (however small) it would get rid of the nausea.