PDA

View Full Version : Kickboxing

Laurie28
22-03-05, 10:45
Hiya,

Well it is my 7 week birthday today for stopping smoking and feel it is time to get fit again.

I am taking my son tonight for his first kickboxing lesson and thought I may stay on for the adult class

Has anyone tried it ??

Lucky

rachel25
22-03-05, 10:51
Ya know Lucy, i have always wanted to do it but i have never had the bottle to walk into a class!!! Good Luck and let me know what it's like

Rach xx

seh1980
22-03-05, 11:01
Good luck Lucy - good for you!! :D

tracyp584
22-03-05, 11:37
Hey lucy,

Have never done kickboxing, but have done boxing. I find it a brilliant way of getting rid of some stress and pent up frustration. Def give it a go!

tracy x x

Laurie28
22-03-05, 12:19
Hiya,

I am looking forward to it (i think) as I e-mailed the tutor and he has told me it is a total beginners class and tonight he will be going through everything. Hopefully it will help keep me off the ciggies as well.

Lucky

lisarose
22-03-05, 13:46
Hi Lucky, Just wanted to say WELL DONE for giving up the ciggies, how have you done it? I am really thinking about giving up but don't think I have the willpower just yet as going through a bad patch. My friend used to do kickboxing and really enjoyed it, It is good for getting fit and toning up.

Good luck
love Lisaxx

sal
22-03-05, 14:14
Hi Lucky

I hope you enjoy it tonight and well done for keeping of the ciggies

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

zena
22-03-05, 14:23
Hi Lucky.
If you get the chance to do it.DO IT.
Great sport. Have done it once or twice when I was brave enough to go to the gym.
Bit of advice though....you will ache a good couple of days after, but, great way of getting rid of all unwanted thoughts.

Saying that I'd better join the gym again.
Let us know how you get on.

with good wishes

Zena

bluebottle
22-03-05, 15:59
I'm thinking of taking up a martial art Lucky, so I say go for it. It is a good way to get really fit and meet people.

Regards,

Blue
--
"If I never take this leap of faith I'll never know
So I'm learning to fall with no safety net to cushion the blow"

http://spaces.msn.com/members/enigmapark/

Laurie28
23-03-05, 11:26
Well i went, and it was only enrolment..... i was soooo disappointed

Oh well class starts next week for real - so will keep you updated

Lisa - I am on the niquitin CQ patches - so far so good!!!

I go down to step 3 next Monday for 2 weeks then I am finished them
One day at a time eh!

Lucky

bluebottle
23-03-05, 11:41
Those niquitin patches make good roll-ups. :D

Regards,

Blue
--
"If I never take this leap of faith I'll never know
So I'm learning to fall with no safety net to cushion the blow"

http://workplacebullying.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/enigmapark/

Laurie28
23-03-05, 12:04
LOL Blue

Lucky

FAN
23-03-05, 12:57
hi lucky glad to hear your keeping up the not smoking i never seem to find the right time to quit im afraid

fan x

"dont wait for the light at the end of the tunnel..........stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!

Laurie28
30-03-05, 11:55
Hiya,

I had my first night of kickboxing last night, and I enjoyed it

I learned some things about me as well!!

ie I can't even do 1 womens press up (must have absolutely no strength in my shoulders!) - anyway gives me something to aim for!!!

I'm going back on Thursday night so will keep you updated

Lucky

Ps A wee bit achy but not too bad

Meg
30-03-05, 13:58
Lucky,

Wow - congratulations both on the giving up smoking and the kick boxing

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

SickofIt
30-03-05, 14:04
Sounds like a lot of fun, Lucky. I never really took a class, but I used to do Tae Bo tapes.

Tracy68
30-03-05, 14:11
Hi Lucky
Well done on giving up the ciggies.....wish i could.
Never done kickboxing but did do boxercise once it was well fun, ached like hell after tho lol.
Glad you're keeping it up you'll really feel the difference.
Take care
Tracy
x

bighenry
30-03-05, 14:18
Hi Lucky.

I've been doing Thai Kick Boxing (off and on) for about three years now, and I can't recommend it enough :D Really, really good for taking your mind off things, and you feel great (/bruised/sore/broken) for sometime afterwards.

I did find, however, that it took a little perseverance at first – it’s a lot easier to sit on the sofa watching the Eastenders omnibus – but after a while you get quite addicted to the high at which point you really look forward to it.

Well, hope you enjoy it as much as me!

Henry

Laurie28
30-03-05, 14:20
Hiya,

Thanks for the encouragement guys

Sick of it - I'm rubbish with tapes etc I need someone to spur me on!!

Meg - Your CD's have definetly done me the world of good in getting out there !!

Tracey - I used to go to Boxercise and really enjoyed it - I went with my sister and when she gave up so did I - This time I am going on my own

I must admit I felt a bit apprehensive before going into the class as it was made up of 18-20 year old girls in tight tops and trousers and here was me in baggy grey traccies and baggy t-shirt (thought of comfort!!)
Anyway i really swithered about going in as felt a bit out of place (and I'm only 26!!!)
Anyway I'm glad I did, as a couple of older people did come

That will be me stopped smoking for 2 months on Friday and come off the patches in a week and a half! (down to tiny step 3 now)

Lucky