PDA

View Full Version : pains pains pains

lane12
26-03-08, 22:32
well im here again yes and getting pains and aches ,in neck left side ,in back ,left leg feels not right ,not compleatly numb but strange ,light headed ,etc etc am so down and deppresed wth it all ,started on cilitrpram today how long before it starts to work heard about 3 weeks is that right and are they used for health anx /depresion have stopped taking diazipam as i think they making me worse eg light headed like gona pass out then started panicing over that round and round i go :weep:

northern_sky
27-03-08, 00:48
Sorry you're feeling bad. I have chest and arm pains every day it's no fun is it?

nicotine
27-03-08, 15:03
It will probably take a little longer then 3 weeks for the citalopram to take effect. Generally, it's probably more like 8-10 weeks... but it differs so much between everyone.

For me It took about 10 weeks I remember. I went from always feeling ill and anxious, to pretty much feeling physically imposible for me to have an anxiety attack which was a relief.

Its tough going through the side effects when you start taking citalopram, but try to relax. Take your mind off it in whatever way works best for you.

I get wierd and strange sensations down my left side too. I have for years. It still shocks me, its such a cruel symptom for an anxiety sufferer to have. But it is anxiety. And the more you focus on it, the worse it becomes, it becomes everything, like nothing else is going on except the discomfort. The citalopram should help you eventually. In the mean time, this symtom may disapear, and another 'symptom' will pop up that you will be affraid of, and you'll forget about your left side. Might be breathing, chest pains, dizziness etc. Ive noticed my anxiety changes all the time like this. My mind is always focusing on the next 'discomfort' and lets face it, being constantly anxious makes your body very uncomfortable, everywhere.

Anyway, I hope you feel better soon. Good luck!

lane12
27-03-08, 19:10
thank you all put my mind at rest a little xx

burberrygirl72
27-03-08, 19:31
Hi There
I Too Get Pains In My Body Chest Pain Arm Pain Neck Pain
Back Pain Its Physically Exhausting Me At The Minute
But My Doc Says Its Just Anxiety
Hope You Feel Better Soon :)

manmoor
28-03-08, 01:11
Hello Bullseye hun :hugs: If it's any help to you my left leg these past 2 weeks is wonky :wacko: also my head is feeling woozy and I'm not on any medication lol. My neck and shoulders mostly left are giving me gyp and have booked a massage for Monday and am dreading it as I've convinced myself the massagist Adele will start massaging me and find a lump somewhere between my neck and shoulders :ohmy: have a big hun from me hun :hugs: :hugs: what are we like eh :flowers: xxxx

sheba2
28-03-08, 14:07
Hi there.

pain is so tiring and being tired causes more anxiety and so on. I suffer with a form of muscular arthritis and have loads of pain plus I have severe anxiety and agorophobia and of course this makes me tense which makes the pain worse. One of my worst areas is my neck and shoulders. I keep hunching them up and have to make a constant effort to relax them which really hurts. Relaxation really does help but you need to do it religiously. Exercise is also good as it strengthens the weak muscles but you probably know that.