PDA

View Full Version : Just scared myself.

redrose
26-03-08, 23:19
Here i am again moaning.

I have just been reading a booklet that i got from the hospital explaining about anaesthetics.

As some of you are aware i am going for my op in 5 days time.
Why the heck did i pick it up to read:ohmy:sorry i did now cause i have just scared myself so much i have gotten into a right state of panic and can't get what i read out of my head.
Have got this thought in my head now that i will die while under the anaesthetic and i don't know what to do.:weep:
My stomach is turning all the time,feel light headed as if i am about to pass out,heart racing like mad and breathing quite fast.
I know i should not read any leaflets from any meds etc as i no i will only worry myself into a freenzy and thats what i have done.

Why on earth did i do it?:scared10:

Sorry for moaning again ,but i need to talk about how i feel,and can anyone offer any advice please.
Thanks.
Liz.

yorkylover
26-03-08, 23:23
Liz you poor thing,Im sure everything will be fine.People have operations all the time.Its bad news reading leaflets and they have to put these things in them to cover there backs,same as the ones you get in pill packets.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

nomorepanic
26-03-08, 23:27
They have to give you the worst scenario or they get sued!!!

99.9% of people have no problems and do fine and you will too.

redrose
26-03-08, 23:38
What if i wake up half way through the op and can feel everthing:scared10:
My head is Sooooooo full of what ifs now.:weep:

I was getting nervous about the op before,but now i am terified:scared10:
If only i had trown it away like i intended doing a couple of days ago.

STUMID ME.:weep:

nomorepanic
26-03-08, 23:45
You will NOT wake up half way through - they monitor you so won't let that happen!

Richie
26-03-08, 23:53
HIYA JUST TO SAY THAT I WENT UNDER ONCE AND WHEN I WOKE UP SAID TO THE NURSES, COULD YOU PUT ME OUT AGAIN CAUSE IT WAS THE BEST SLEEP EVER :) :)
aLSO HAD A FANTASTIC DREAM AS WELL !!!!! SOMETHING TO DO WITH PIERCE BROSNAN ..................................!!

Hope 2
27-03-08, 03:31
Hey Liz :D

Just wanted to tell you something .
I have had a fair bit of experience of surgery and aneasthetics in my last job .
At least 80 patients a week went for op's .
Of them even the patients with major health conditions such as asthma or diabetes , or ones who had actually had previous heart attacks all survived no probs .
Not one of em woke up when they shouldnt lol , and came too when surgery over thinking they hadnt even had the op yet . You have got all the odds on yr side , like already said......hospitals send leaflets out so patients cant say they werent told .

I hope you can get some relief from what folk are saying ............cos it's all true .

Deep breaths hun
Nothing bad is gonna happen
Love Hope xx

kilvosa
27-03-08, 13:59
Hi Liz
I had some of the same worries as you before i went for op in october and as you can see im still here, there was no probs i even asked for a pre med cos i was a bag of nerves had the pre med went down for op came back all fine. It is scary its the unknown but honestly please done worry when youve had it done you will realise its not so bad as you thought. Let us know how you get on. On a lighter note i had to go for mamagram thing today was shaking so scared(im worlds biggest coward) ive only got little boobs(mum said like to fried eggs!!!!lol) anyway said to the woman hope you got a magnifying glass to find mine both were in stitches it was over in seconds and again thought why did i worry. The more you worry the worst it is for yourself and then after nothing seems as bad.
Good luck
Take care
Anne xx