PDA

View Full Version : Hello

samantha_sarah20
27-03-08, 13:58
Hi, i suffer from heath anxiety and also OCD. I feel i can handle my panic attacks but i have alot of intrusive thoughs. Demonic mainly but that would make sense as i hate films like exorcist and white noise and my parents are obsessed with 'apparently' haunted houses. Its what iv always being petrified of so i guess my OCD is using that!

First there was the old cottage in devon which had burnt down in the past and was rebuilt - My dad and mum said they used to hear a baby crying.

Then there was the cottage with the well in bishops lydered where the previous owner told my dad he kept finding his furniture upside down. - my parents said that strange things happened there to.

last was Crossways farm, which did indeed feel weird to me but that was just because it was so big i think! I was a major scardy cat when i was young.
Crossways farm used to be a pub for highway men and yep sure enough my parents said it felt evil. I didnt feel anything though.

The point im trying to get at is that during all those years in those houses i never once felt anything! I was only scared of them big houses because they were dark and in the middle of no where! I never once felt anything 'spiritual'.:lac:

For me its certainly was the exciorcist film that scared the living hell outta me, white noise did to!!!! Just wouldnt want it to happen to me i guess. :noangel:

Our mindsare very complex organs and everyones fears are differenet, we just have to understand them.

For me understanding my fears and knowing where my thoughts are origionating from makes me 'sane'.

sorry if u thing im talking crap but for me thats how i see this.
any feedback? :blush:

Hope 2
28-03-08, 00:53
Hello Sam :D

I can see where you are coming from . I have had contamination ocd for 7 yrs . But it was always kinda lurking in the shadows methinks ! Things have improved slowly but surely and am now finally getting somewhere . Since joining this year , I have started to look at why I am like I am . Not easy but what the hell lol . In my case I think I always knew I would have to get to the bottom of it but was always to scared .

I agree with what you said about finding the causes . I know not everyone has a specific cause as such , but I am sure I know now why I have ocd . Too much to go into really . But I felt relieved somehow cos now I feel I can face it and deal sorta thing . How are you getting on ? How does it affect you in day to day stuff ?

Ta Ta for now
Hope xx

Shell26
28-03-08, 12:35
Hi Samantha,

:welcome:

I too suffer with intrusive thoughts, mine have not been Demonic but i fear that i may hurt people who i really care about. This makes my life miserable as it comes and goes all the time.

I recently re-lapsed after a year of doing really well but i've hit a big hurdle in my life recently and now just trying to get back to normal again but its not so easy.

Everyone on NMP are so caring and understanding. Im so glad i found this site and wish i found it years earlier as it makes me feel so much better knowing that im not the only one who suffers with this as i did used to think that "i was the only one".

You will get loads of support and advice from everybody here on NMP.

Take care for now xx
:hugs: