PDA

View Full Version : scared

loulou
22-03-05, 16:24
hi,

I Know this sounds strange but one of the things I'm most scared of is that one day i'll get soo down I'll kill myself I've NEVER had sucidals thoughts before EVER but i'm scared that i'll do it does that make sence?

Lisa

FAN
22-03-05, 17:13
hi lou lou..........i think when your down all sorts of irrational thoughts enter your mind but i dont think it means your gonna do it, everything gets magnified and out of proportion try not worry too much about it and no doubt something else will soon take its place

fan x

"dont wait for the light at the end of the tunnel..........stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!

Karen
22-03-05, 17:17
Hi Lisa

These are just thoughts and thinking them doesn't mean you are going to act on them. There is a difference between worrying and obsessing about a thought like this and actually feeling suicidal and wanting to end your life. I have been suicidal at various times in my life and can assure you the thoughts you are currently having are different.

Try to let the thoughts pass without dwelling on them and distract yourself with something else whenever you find yourself worrying about this.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

seh1980
22-03-05, 17:43
hi Lisa,

We all get very weird, dark thoughts at times but it doesn't mean that you will ever go through with it. All you can do is try to stay as positive as possible..

Sarah :D

jill
22-03-05, 20:10
Hi Lisa,

I have had alot of strange thoughts in the past, but what you have
to remeber Lisa you are not alone in this. They are only thoughts
and thoughts can be changed.

TAKE CARE LOVE JILLXX

Believe it is possible to solve your problem.
Tremendous things happen to the believer.
So believe the answer will come. IT WILL.

sal
22-03-05, 21:40
Hi Lisa

I think anyone that has suffered from anxiety, that can then lead to depression has had those thoughts. I know i have and they are really frightening and before i suffered if someone at work had told me that is how they felt i wouldnt have understood.

You have never had suicidal thoughts, so look at that as really positive as i am sure a lot of member have had then and many times. I know you will be scared but remember you havent had these thoughts so dont keep reminding yourself of how you felt when you wrote this post. As sometimes deep thinking like that can become an obsession and addictive.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Laurie28
23-03-05, 16:28
Hiya Lisa,

I think it is the 'what if' anxiety that you are getting. What if i start wanting to die etc etc

We all go through the 'what if's' (infact probably makes up the bulk of anxiety) it just so happens your thoughts have grasped onto the what if i want to kill myself

Be reassured that it probably won't happen - you are just worrying that it might. if it does then talk to us and your doctor

Lucky

(Hope that made some sense!)

Tracy68
23-03-05, 20:20
Hi Lisa
Sorry to hear you're feeling low at the moment. As everyone has said they're just thoughts and usually someone who is going to do something like that never says anything. Happened to my best mate, she sat having a coffee with me acting all ok, then the next day i get a call from her husband to tell me that that night she took overdose :(.
When you feel low just keep posting on here and we'll help you through it.
Take care
Tracy
x