PDA

View Full Version : citropram

kairen
22-03-05, 18:04
hi i'm new to this have been reading all the other messages it;s good to see i'm not alone but sad to see there's so many people out there need help aswell. been on and of citropram for years trying to come off it now been 3 weeks finding it hard very weepy and irratable got terrible pmt aswell so that does not help.

k.smith

tracyp584
22-03-05, 18:09
Hey Kairen,

Welcome to the site, you'll will get lots of advice and support. Have only been on citalopram for 3 weeks, so don't what advice to give, but they'll be others who will!!

Take care,

tracy x x

seh1980
22-03-05, 18:09
hello kairen,

Welcome to the site!! Glad you found us.

I have just come off Cipralex, which I was on for over a year. It was difficult at first and I was also very weepy. You will feel better with time so don't despair. It's great that you were feeling well enough to come off the meds in the first place.

Sarah :D

jill
22-03-05, 18:32
Hi Kairen,

Welcome to the site,

There are lots of nice people here who will
help and support you.

TAKE CARE LOVE JILLXXX

katiekatie
22-03-05, 18:39
Hi Kairen

I havent taken that med but I took sertraline years ago, when i came off it i did it very slowly, so I would be reducing by 1/4 of a tablet at a time then when i felt ok reduce by 1/4 tablet again. PMT won't help either, vitamin E is good for that.

Best wishes and good luck
katiekatie x

sal
22-03-05, 19:01
Hi Kairen

Welcome to the site, you will get lots of support and the people are so friendly and helpful.

You will be getting withdrawal from coming of then, have you asked yourself if you are ready to come of them yet, and if you feel you are take it really slowly and i am sure you do fine. Plus we all know how pmt can make us weepy and irratable.

Take care

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

bubbles
22-03-05, 19:24
Kairen,

Welcome to the site.
Sorry you are going through the withdrawal symptoms. Are you coming off the meds gradually?
It will get easier but it's not very pleasant for the time being, eh?

You'll get lots of help here & people will support you through this.

Wish you well & hope things improve soon.

Linda. x

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

nomorepanic
22-03-05, 19:42
Kairen

Welcome aboard the forum.

Good luck with coming on them and make sure you do it slowly and under the doctors instructions.

Do you feel that you have addressed all your issues that meant you were on them in the first place. If not then I am sure we can help out.

Nicola

Meg
22-03-05, 21:07
Kairen,

Come off them really slowly . It can take several months not weeks if you are sensitive . Not let anyone rush you . Ensure youºre ok at each step down before reducing any more .

Why were you taking them and have those issues resolved now

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

kairen
23-03-05, 11:15
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Kairen

I havent taken that med but I took sertraline years ago, when i came off it i did it very slowly, so I would be reducing by 1/4 of a tablet at a time then when i felt ok reduce by 1/4 tablet again. PMT won't help either, vitamin E is good for that.

Best wishes and good luck
katiekatie x

<div align="right">Originally posted by katiekatie - 22 March 2005 : 18:39:56</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

k.smith

sal
23-03-05, 22:32
Hi Kairen

It will get easier but remember to take it really slow, even if it takes longer than you would have hoped for, you have lost nothing in the process.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

braddy
24-03-05, 11:24
hi ive been on citrolopram for just over a week, you could probably tell everyone else more than they could tell you about these tabs.

kairen
24-03-05, 16:50
hi Braddy, I laughed at your reply, your right i could, infct i could write a book about every single side afect you could possibly get cos at some point in my many years of taking them, i will have had them all. The worst is the tremmar which i thought no one could see, only that i could feel, unfortunatly not !!!!!! i just had kind friends, who did not mention that i kept shuddering. And the endless yawning AAHHHHHHHHHHHH... all of these do wear off after a few weeks but because i came on and off them i got them so many times. they helped me greatly short term which is what i needed, I started back on them last year when my Grandad was really ill, and i knew it was going to be the end for him and i knew i could not cope, they seem to distance you from the situation until you are ready to face things. Which for me is a year later and im looking positively at the future yoga helps me keeps calm and stop my total irrrational fears running away with me. any way thanks for making me laugh something we all need more of lots love kairen xx

kairen x

sal
24-03-05, 23:31
Hi Kairen

Just like you i could describe every side affect. You have done really well, i have been on them for over 2 years now and i dont even think about coming off them as that thought is too much for me to take on board, i know one day i will have to consider it and although they have helped loads the thought of going it alone would be really hard for me to contend with.

Love Sal xx