PDA

View Full Version : stomach & indegestion worries...

charl33
28-03-08, 13:55
anone else suffer with severe indigestion & stomach sweeling/pains etc? i get this really bad, when i am hungry/empty there is like this sort of bubble on the lest hand side that you can actually see popping in & out like i am pregnant & the baby is kicking (i am not) and the niose is like a very loud creaking/grumble like thunder, everyone can hear it. when i swallow it feels like something solid is sliding down my throat into my tummy, then i have wind pains right up to my shoulder! i have a barium meal scan next month, really scared it could be cancer???? anyone have the same symptoms? also i have a big nite out planned tomorrow night, anyone know what would be best to drink? wine makes this 10 times worse but i do want to get a bit tipsy & forget my worries for just ONE night......

please help.:weep:

charl. XXXXXXX

Pudding
28-03-08, 14:59
Hi Charl

I get this all the time, mine is IBS! You can get pain from top of your tummy to the bottom and anywhere in between. Lots of rumbling wind and movement, nausea, bloatedness and general discomfort. I'm not saying that's what you have but the symptoms sound pretty familiar to me. It's just another symptom of being tense and anxious, your stomach is the most sensitive organ in your body so it makes sense that it is affected by anxiety. Hope you feel better soon!

Fran:winks:

peter2259
29-03-08, 05:40
Hi, I have been feeling really really good untill last week when I started getting Panic Attacks, its like my whole world has been turned upside down, I get woozy eyes like I can't focus, I am startled easy and I have a constant upset stomach whitch I am always thinking I am going to vomit but it turns out to be a Burping experiance, it is very uncomfortable and annoying

jaynef
29-03-08, 23:26
hi charl, i get really bad indegestion, the doc told me when your stressed your tummy produces acid hence the belching sometimes i get a bad pain in between my breasts and normally only goes away once im sick. this is all stress related so im told.

yanksforever
27-03-09, 19:32
My recent panic attack, which was 3 days ago was bought on by 2 weeks og being totally on edge and reallllyyyyy realllllyyy anxiousssssss. The reason for that particular anxiety has dissappeared however, the panic attack and 2 week anx period has left me with a funny head, muscle twitches and a HORRRIBLE STOMACH. every 10 mins, I burp twice, my abdominal muscles seem tired and sore too...

ugh.

scooby28
28-03-09, 16:43
I also suffer with quite bad pains in my stomach, sometimes they are just like a dull ache that can last all day or days, or it can feel very sharp and last for a min or two. I also get a very bloated stomach which feels rock hard and i can look pregnant at time, i went to my doctor in the past with this and he said it was ibs then i recntly went and he said it could be my bowel in spasm, a while back i went through a stage where i was feeling sick all day with it too, it does mainly happen when i feel myself being stressed.

viremarthius
28-03-09, 17:02
I get this too. Nothing to worry about. Sometimes my Nausea is so bad from it, I dry heave. Doctor said it's anxiety related. I recommend having Gin and Tonic. You may burp a lot, but that helps. Have fun Tonight!!!!

Southern_Belle
28-03-09, 17:04
Hi,

I also get this and have also been diagnosed with IBS. I have found that taking a product (don't know if you have it over there) Gas-X helps me. I also have prescription meds (that I try not to take). If you are going to eat a meal with a lot of beans and foods that can cause gas I take a med called Beano (also don't know if they have it over there) and it prevents gas from building up.

I will say I do not drink much but if I do have a glass of red wine or two with dinner I notice that my IBS tends to get worse and I have no idea what the connection is so I have finally quit drinking after finally figuring it out.

If a barium meal scan is the same as a colonoscopy that is how they determined I had IBS. I know you want to go and have a good time but if I were you I wouldn't overdo it with the drinking because in the end you will pay for it, if you know what I mean. Hope you feel better soon.

Best wishes,

Laura

Pam.J
16-06-09, 14:33
I frequently feel very nauseous and bloated, it seems worse when you are hungry but then you cant eat because you feel so sick, i try to eat plain cream crackers or something like them that is dry, this seems to soak up the excess acid, i also find trying to eat little and often helps.

I am very interested in using herbal or natural remedies, i find peppermint tea can help as can crystalised ginger, does anyone else have any other ideas that work for them

football12345
16-06-09, 17:27
I do sort of get stomach problems but I don't know if they're related to anxiety.

I get hungry a lot and when I leave my hunger unattended I feel as if my body starts to tremor, but I don't know if it actually is or not. I get a strange sensation in my stomach, like a burning hunger pain.

My anxiety has been really low these past couple of months but I've always had an intense worry of being diabetic or something.

Maybe I need to start eating the right foods.