PDA

View Full Version : Does your loved one giv you enough attention?

SHYGIRLAJB
28-03-08, 16:13
Hi Everyone

Does your partner/loved one give you enough ettention? (hugs, kisses, being romantic, etc etc, holding hands etc).

If no what do you do? I would like your views and experiences and advice.

I think I am having trouble with my partner, he is deffintely not romantic, if I want a hug or a kiss, I have to ask for them, and then he asks why do you want that, or if I do the hugging or kissing, he asks what did you do that for. I just feel unloved, I have mentioned it before to him but he sort of says oh no not that again.

I am probably being paranoid and silly, I am not sure if my depression is making the unloved symptoms much worse, because you have things going round in your brain, Does he love me, is he seeing anyone, why doesnt he want to hug me etc etc.

SHYGIRLAJB

Lilith1980
28-03-08, 16:56
Hi Shygirlajb

Its probably the opposite with me and my boyfriend. He is very huggy and kissy and when we are out he likes to cuddle me.

He has mentioned on more than one occasion that he would like me to be more cuddly with him too as I dont do it very often, and he sees girls within our group being all over their boyfriends so.....

The thing is with me, is that I just dont think about it. I have made more efforts to be cuddlier which havent gone unnoticed, but at the same time I'm just not the sort of person to be constantly all over my b/f - I prefer to keep that in private.

I'm not saying you're asking your b/f to be all over you but maybe he just doesnt think about it. Some people are more touchy-feely than others but maybe you should sit down and tell him and ask him about it. You may find he will say he didnt realise he wasnt being cuddly with you - to some people its not something they think about.

Just thought I'd try and give a view from the other side, because I'm sure he loves you hun, despite him being a bit lax on the attention side of things :hugs:

Jo xxxxx

mirry
28-03-08, 17:02
I am the same as jo , my husband is the cuddly one , and i know in the past he has told me that i dont cuddle him , but it doesnt come easy for me cos I just dont think to do it. But i show him i love him in other ways , like cook him a lovely dinner and chat.
everyones different.

julieb
28-03-08, 18:12
i can sympathise. my ex was like that too and i'd loved him to hold hands etc but he never did. my partner of 4yrs is totally different. if i sit next to him on sofa he cuddles me and always holds my hand if we are out and goes to sleep curled up around me. at first i found it strange but now i love it. suppose we are all different in the way we show feelings.

ju x