PDA

View Full Version : Hi

roses
29-03-08, 21:44
Hi everyone,

My name is Sarah:blush:

I'm 29, a mum, housewife etc... currently sat here very tearful, realising there is something 'wrong' :weep: I thought I had social phobia but have been reading through some things on here and other sites and tbh it seems more like agoraphobia (I thought this was a fear of open spaces, but its more than that, and fits with my 'symptoms' more than sp) I haven't been to a dr - I know its probably not the best thing to self diagnose, but i'm guessing quite a few of us have? (Guessing/hoping lol)

Look forward to meeting you all :blush:

yorkylover
29-03-08, 23:40
Hi sarah and :welcome: you will get lots of support and advise here.we know just how you feel,and your never alone here.:hugs: :hugs:

kellie
29-03-08, 23:49
hiya roses :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :D . you will get lots of support and advice from all the great members hun and make some great friends as well. pop along and have a talk with your doc about how you feel and see how he/she can help also. you are not alone hun there are loads of us here who feel the same. i look forward to talking to you in the chat room. best wishes take care. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: .

kellie xxxxxxxxxx

trac67
30-03-08, 11:23
Hi Sarah,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

take care

Trac xx

roses
30-03-08, 12:53
Thank you all for your lovely welcome :) xx

greenday1997
30-03-08, 14:51
welcome roses :yesyes:

i think you'll find this site quite usefull as i have

sometimes yes it might not be best to self diagnose although sometimes u have to be ur own detective and do your own research,

makes u better equipped to beat the son of u gun :yahoo:

love greeney x x x :bighug1:

chalky
30-03-08, 14:58
Hi Sarah,

Welcome to the Forum!!

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Try to consider having a chat with your doctor-he/she may be able to help you get good treatment to help in your recovery.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Joe1981
30-03-08, 18:19
Welcome to the site :)

Nibbles
30-03-08, 19:53
Hi Sarah and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

nomorepanic
30-03-08, 22:15
Hi Sarah

Just wanted to :welcome: you aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

julieb
30-03-08, 23:13
hi and welcome from a fellow agoraphobic.

ju x

weeble40
31-03-08, 09:47
hi and a big welcome to NMP, you will find lots of advice and support here, I hope to see you in chat sometime

Emma xx

roses
31-03-08, 10:11
Thanks everyone, you have all been really welcoming :blush: :) xx

belle
31-03-08, 10:17
Hi and welcome :)

x

PUGLETMUM
31-03-08, 12:04
:welcome: HI SARAH, ITS NOT A BAD THING TO SELF-DIAGNOSE REALLY IF YOU KNOW ENOUGH ABOUT THE CONDITION? YOU CAN HAVE SOME OF ALL THE ANXIETY DISORDERS - ITS CALLED CLUSTERS, PERSONALLY I HAVE HAD GAD - GENERALISED ANXIETY DISORDER WHERE YOU FEEL ALMOST CONSTANTLY ANXIOUS AND ITS USUALLY CENTRED AROUND SECURITY, LIKE PHYSICAL/FINANCIAL AND YOU ARE WORRIED FOR YOUR FAMILY, BUT WITH NO REASON TO BE - YOU COULD ALL BE REALLY WELL AND BE SECURE FINANCIALLY - IVE ALSO HAD HEALTH ANXIETY, SOCIAL ANXIETY, AND ALSO AGORAPHOBIA. AGORAPHOBIA IS NOT A FEAR OF OPEN SPACES, ALTHOGUH SOME PPL MAY FEAR THAT, IT IS MORE A 'FEAR OF FEAR' ITSELF AND USUALLY PPL ARE AFRAID OF BECOMING TRAPPED AND OF LOSING CONTROL OR BECOMING ILL AWAY FORM A SAFE PLACE, WHICH IS WHY PPL STAY AT HOME OR WHY PPL FEEL SAFE WHEN IN THEIR CARS - THE CAR BEING AN EXTENSION OF YOUR SAFE PLACE - ALTHOUGH WHEN INTENSE ANXIETY IS PRESENT THEN HOME DOESNT FEEL VERY SAFE EITHER:weep: DONT WORRY ABOUT BEING AGORAPHOBIC, ITS ALL ANXIETY WHATEVER FORM YOU SUFFER IT,AND YOU WILL GE TALOT OF SUPPORT AND ADVICE HERE AND YOU WILL HOPEFULLY FEEL BETTER JUST BY KNOWING YOU ARE IN NO WAY ALONE IN SUFFERING, TAKE CARE EMMA:flowers:

Lindalou64
31-03-08, 13:41
Hello Sarah And Welcome......i Wish Ya Well...........linda

Lilith1980
31-03-08, 20:53
Hi Sarah

Welcome to NMP hun :)

Jo xxxxx