PDA

View Full Version : Symptons and diagnosis

goingmad
30-03-08, 13:38
Just in case anyone new like me is reading this and thinking, thank god I am not on my own I thought I would write a few things about worries I have had and what they turned out to be:

Symptons - lump in throat, voice lost, sore throat, (thought throat cancer) turned out to be laringitus

Symotons- Persistant headaches(at the back of my head), dizziness, nausea, constant tiredness (thought brain tumour), turned out to be sinusitus

Symtoms - persistant stomach ache in one side of my stomach, (stomach cancer) after pestering my doctor for a scan, turned out there was nothing wrong and the stomach ached went within an hour after the scan!

Now have strange and new moles, and hopefully I will be posting a message soon to say that these are all fine!!! Still scared today though!!!!!!

Just thought this may reassure some people who may have similar symptons at the moment!!

chalky
30-03-08, 15:24
Hi Goingmad,

Some fine examples of how our minds can mis-interpret symptoms.
Challenging our symptoms and thoughts is part of our recovery.
Best wishes,
Chalky

elitest
30-03-08, 19:53
How long did u have the throat thing for ?

cassi23
01-04-08, 11:00
heya, great idea, i'll do the same:

Symptom: headache, stabbing headaches, dizziness, off balance feeling, sudden whoosh of pressure in front of my head/along bridge of nose, sudden feeling of leaving my head (weird i know) was convinced of brain tumor...doc said i was fine, within hours felt ok.

Symptom: palpitations, ectopic beats, sudden episodes of racing heart,nervousness, agitation: convinced of heart failure/problem and i was dying there and then, but still here, seen cardio, im fine. Still get odd symptom but not so much now.

Symptom: Pain in right side of chest, was convinced of blood clot on lung, went to docs, listened to chest, was fine, went away straight away.

i get tiems of very high anxiety but its only a couple of days a month now i am pleased to say. hormones settling down at last...after having a baby the docs have blamed hormones on this whole new anxiety/pa saga.

Cassi xxx