PDA

View Full Version : Lack of sleep

BigChris
23-03-05, 12:59
Hi
Does anyone else have really bad nights with very litte sleep and a lot of dreaming, if so what do you feel like the next day.
I feel still very tired on a morning when I wake up, also no energy during the day and a drunk feeling when I walking.
My CPN thinks I am getting very little deep sleep and a lot of REM dream sleep, a lot more than normal.
She also diagnosed me as having stress an anxiety.
I have been like this on and off since January. I have been taking Citalpram for 6 weeks and if anything I now feel worse.
Thanks for any replies,

Chris

FAN
23-03-05, 13:03
hi i used to be like this and always felt dreadful the next day like i hadnt even been to bed. i have been taking night tablets for ages now and even those went the wrong way i was getting far too much sleep and felt just as bad i had no energy and as soon as i got up i wanted to go back to sleep . they are regulated now and i do think i have found a happy medium but it takes time to get it right. not sure bout the tablets your taking but i know lots make you feel worse before you feel better...have you seen your doc since you started taking them you might need to review the dose

fan x

"dont wait for the light at the end of the tunnel..........stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!

BigChris
23-03-05, 13:07
Hi Fan,
I'm going to see her tomorrow, its nice to hear a few similar story's from other people.
Thanks for your reply.

Chris

FAN
23-03-05, 13:10
let us know how you get on im sure you just need the dose adjusting

fan x

"dont wait for the light at the end of the tunnel..........stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!

tattybear
23-03-05, 14:20
Hi Chris

I was on citalopram and wasnt sleeping and just having very vivid dreams.

Im now on mirtazapin which help with my sleep although I still find myself having very vivid dreams, so the next day I feel shattered and hungover.

Hope you get on ok at your docs.

Tatty B xx

seh1980
23-03-05, 16:23
hi Chris,

Good luck at the docs!! Hopefully your sleep will improve once your body gets more used to the meds..

Sarah :D

nomorepanic
23-03-05, 19:41
Chris

I am researching a sleep article for the website so watch this space.

I am taking Night nurse to help me sleep but it gives me really weird and sometimes upsetting dreams!

Nicola

BigChris
23-03-05, 19:53
Hi Nicola,
I'll be very interested in reading that.
Thanks

Chris

sal
23-03-05, 23:16
Hi Chris

It is common with how we feel to have very upsetting and i find very realistic dreams and to the point when i question did that really happen?

Sure Nics article will help us loads.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Karen
24-03-05, 00:14
Hi Chris

I also have problems sleeping and have a lot of dreams, some of which are very upsetting ones. I suffer from depression and this is very common with depression. I too feel really tired when I wake up.

I hope your appointment goes well with the doctor tomorrow.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

cazziep
24-03-05, 14:01
Hi

I also suffer terribly with not sleeping, but only during bouts of anxiety/depression...then I cannot sleep for nights. When I do, I only grab a couple of hours of restless sleep. I find then that I might sleep for 6 hours one night, then it's back to the same old sleepless routine.

I realise that I am obsessed with sleeping, or rather not sleeping, to the point where I worry about it all day, if I've had a bad few nights. I know then that my chances of sleeping are very little! Then I blame myself...

I got over this before by my CPN saying to me, "What do you think will happen if you don't sleep? You will eventually, so why worry? It won't kill you. The more you worry, the less chance you will have of sleeping"! Logical, but it worked...that time! Not working now, and I'm taking Zopiclone and it doesn't touch me.

I'm on Citaprolam at the moment and have been for a week. It doesn't seem to be helping with my sleeping, though the initial side effects have worn off. I'm to give it a while longer and possibly try Mirtazapin - though I'm scared even that won't work! I need a sledgehammer to knock me out when I'm like this!

Does anyone else have the 'worried about sleep, so don't sleep' problem? I just hate being awake all night, especially when I'm anxious and I can't rest in the day, as I end up feeling panicky!

Love and hugs

Caz xx

FAN
24-03-05, 14:43
hi if you find you cant sleep dont lie tossing and turning it makes it worse try get up and do something listen to music, read a book, then as you feel tired try going back to bed also try get some lavendar oil and put some on your pillow or a plug in in the bedroom it will relax you and might help

fan x