PDA

View Full Version : alcohol and prozac

sophia_x
30-03-08, 16:30
ok in my leaflet, it dosnt say anything about not being able to drink alcohol?
iv recently upped to from 20mg to 40mg. im talking the prozac for anxiety and im goin to a party on thursday and im sooo nervous (wich is normal for me) will i be ok to have 1 or 2 drinks?? :unsure:

nomorepanic
30-03-08, 17:42
I took Prozac and drank with it and was fine.

Just don't go mad and over-do it that is all

smudgie
30-03-08, 18:05
Hi Sophia
Nic has given you some good advise, go and enjoy but be sensible

Hope you get to enjoy your evening

Take care of you
Smudgie

sophia_x
30-03-08, 18:39
ah thank u guys. iv been worrying if it would make me sick! but i usualy drank when i was on the 20mg and was fine! ill just cut down! thanks x x

tattyteddy
22-07-08, 08:34
I just asumed that I couldnt drink on prozac also avoided caffeine as read you shouldnt have it on prozac

bobajob
03-09-08, 19:32
2nd day on prozac. i don't know about you but alcohol and prozac didn't mix well for me, but i did only have 2hrs sleep so i necked a can of redbull and over the next few hours felt worse like the worst comedown ever, it felt like i'd been awake for a month:scared15:, i put up with this for 5hrs but could not take any more. so i drank a can of becks hoping it would take the edge off but ended up intensifying these feelings :wacko:. at about 8pm i had to go to bed but still could not sleep so i took 40ml night nurse which done the trick, i woke up dizzy and confused which is not surprising seeing as your only meant to take 20ml.
so the moral off the story is don't drink redbull or beer and definitely don't overdose on night nurse its not much fun at all.

nicgrace
11-11-08, 20:47
I am too thinking of increasing my dose to 40mg and wondered about alcohol.

I can only reallly have 2-3 glasses at the moment or the next day the anxiety is awful! I have started driving instead and must admit that I feel so much better the day after when my husband is hungover!

I'm sure a couple of glasses will be fine, just dont be mixing etc.

Have a great night hun

x

kitttykat
13-11-08, 17:30
I found that whilst drinking on prozac I wasn't making any progress and I felt so awful for a day or so afterwards, so I have stopped completly and it is doing wonders for me! Aparantly prozac and caffeine stop prozac working effectively, not to mention that alcohol is a depressant - so I decided to commit to getting better as quickly as I can.