PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm having a panic attack right now *cries*

Charlottie
30-03-08, 22:44
My chest felt quite tight, as though I was struggling to take a breath but I am suffering from a cough/chest infection and querying asthma but it set me off panic because I kept thinking I wasn;t going to be able to breathe. Of course this made my chest tighten even more, and I got all shaky and cold and just felt like I was going to cry. I am actually calming down now, but I need someone to talk to me who knows what it's like, please help :(

nomorepanic
30-03-08, 22:53
Aww sorry to hear this

Try this ......

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=whattodo

Charlottie
30-03-08, 22:54
I'm trying so hard to distract myself, it seems nothing is working :(

franklin2003
30-03-08, 23:02
Allow the panic to happen, relax to the best of your ability, and it will go away..it can't hurt you, you will always get enough breath in panic even if its not as easily as you would like to

Charlottie
01-04-08, 17:24
Thanks for replying :) I felt a lot better once I went and lay down and just breathed through it. I have a doctor's appointment today to get to the cause of this tight chestedness.

lorac
01-04-08, 17:49
Charlottie glad to hear you are feeling better.

Love
Carol
x

Charlottie
01-04-08, 18:32
Thanks! I went to the doctors he said it sounds like asthma and prescribed me an inhaler to take to the nurse for a reversibility test but not till April 21st so I'll have to suffer till then.

lesleya
01-04-08, 20:04
Hi Charlotte.
I can so so sympathise with you hun coz ive been going through much the same as you just now. I went on holiday 2 weeks ago, but, my hubby had to bring me home after 3 days with a viral infection and i thought i would die before i got home. I still wasnt right after a week so i went to docs last thursday and he said ive a chest infection. Im reluctantly on antibiotics as im allergic to quite a few. But im still panicking and worrying myself that im going to get ill again.
Hope your feeling better..pm me anytime if your feeling down.

Charlottie
01-04-08, 21:46
Everyone seems to have a chest infection atm :(