PDA

View Full Version : I Love my Doctor

debstar
31-03-08, 09:43
I just wanted to share the following with all of you.

I went and saw my doctor again today as I was really worried about tightness in my chest and also for another problem that I had been worried about.
All was ok.

I said to him that he must get sick of me coming in all the time. He said not at all and that he encourages me to come in or call him when I am worrying so he can put my mind at ease. He also said that he would let me know if he thought there was something wrong with me. He said that he likes the fact that I am comfortable being open and honest with him about my health anxiety.

I am very lucky to have a caring/understanding doctor.

pooh
31-03-08, 10:49
Hi!

I can relate to having an excellent doctor...well I DID have one ...but he left the practice. I was completely devestated, actually cried cause he phoned to tell me he was leaving. I was grief stricken at the time because I felt a vital part of my support network when I was going through a really difficult time had gone.

Still haven't found one as good.. and for some strange reason..I always prefer a male to a female doctor when it comes to dealing with my anx,depression and panic. Haven't a clue why? lol

Pooh x

elitest
31-03-08, 11:28
you are very very lucky:weep:

Richie
31-03-08, 11:30
Its so good to find decent doctors, Got lucky when i changed practice from a terrible surgery, to find that there was a nurse at the new place who is also a bit like a doctor. She always has time if i have to go in and she cheers me up no end too. x The receptionists are nice too. And there is one doctor who although not great at understanding things is very pleasent and has a good bedside manner!!
Takes alot for me to say this cause i don't put much faith at all in the nhs.
Having worked in it can't say much for alot of Gp's !!!!!!!!
But there are some good ones around obviously x x x x x

Emira7
31-03-08, 11:34
My doctor is pretty good, I have known her since I was 13 years old. I am now 29. She has seen me through the bleakest times, and gone through both of my pregnancies.
I am sorry to say that I still find it hard to trust what she says, but that is because of my Health Anxiety. If find it hard to be reassured by anyone.

I am seeing her tonight - I swear she must get sick of me LOL!
x

Angel64
31-03-08, 11:38
You are lucky, mine is not too bad, I think he has got used to the fact that I do go to him just for reassurance, and there is open surgery every morning so I always know between 8.45 & 10.30 I can pop in.

A doctor that is sympathetic, understanding and caring is way above one who has studied medicine but not how to deal with real prople and their emotions, glad you found yours.

Christine xx :flowers:

northern_sky
31-03-08, 15:08
I love your Dr too! Can I have them please? :winks:

It may be me being paranoid but I do get the vibe that my Dr isn't that bothered about me and my symptoms. :blush:

I'm very anxious and wish I was back on antidepressants but think if I made an appointment he'd just dismiss me. :unsure: