PDA

View Full Version : A setback is also a success story !!

Angel64
31-03-08, 11:22
Hi, at the moment I am having a setback, I just feel so tired and drained and have a cold, but eventhough I did have a while yesterday when I asked a friend what the symptoms of lung cancer were (because I had a lot of pain in my back), after a weep and a moan I felt a bit better.

For those of you who know I have been pracising hard now since January 1st and have made so much progress with going out and basically taking some of my life back, but last week I felt so well I decorated my bedroom and the landing and stairs ! I felt like superwoman. I always said I cant paint a ceiling because of my dizziness, a cop out I now know.

So the outcome my body has said "hey, rest for a while" my brain is obviously improving a lot quicker than my slighly overweight, very inactive muscles and bones, I say it is similar to running a marathon without the training !

But I am so happy I am having a setback because I know it is just that and it means I got somewhere to have a setback from. Its like being half way up a ladder and being aware that I have not slipped back down to the bottom but just a couple of rungs.

So it's a SUCCESS !! :yesyes:

And I can lie in my lovely new bedroom and recover !!

Hope you are all well :)

Christine xx :flowers:

louwilliams
31-03-08, 11:35
Chris I have been following your threads for the last few weeks and am so proud of how far you've come :yesyes:

Reading your posts give me as well as other to make a stand against this crappy illness and try to get some of our lives back

a massive well done to you...........oh and here...have a hug :bighug1: lou xxx

PUGLETMUM
31-03-08, 11:52
:D hi christine, you are right about the setbacks - you feel them coz youve made progress!:yesyes:

the pains in your back will be muscular from decorating:winks: take care emma:flowers:

pips
31-03-08, 12:46
Hi Christine,

Great POSITIVE Thinking hunhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_30_118.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZCxdm594YYGB)and so true!

I recently had a bad panic attack the other week:weep: :lac: and felt like it was a set back :lac: but then I kept practising this quote that really helps.:yesyes:

“Remember setbacks are a positive thing 'cause they show you have made progress. If you had never moved forward you wouldn't recognise a setback!”:winks:

Take Care,

Love Pip's X X

Richie
31-03-08, 14:02
Hey well done christine for decorating your bedroom & landing. That really does show alot of progress and yes what you say is a good way of looking at life.
What colour is your room now?
Richie x x x x x

franklin2003
31-03-08, 16:07
Wow good for you, it really get's easier to manage the setback when you have the confidence to know that you'll pop out of it as long as you give your body some time to rest.

You're on the way to 100% full recovery!

lorac
31-03-08, 19:07
hi Christine

Thanks for that post I too am going through setback at the moment due to overdoing things and you are right the body does need to catch up with the brain. It done me good reading your post coz now I can celebrate the setback and realise just how far forward I have come.

Time for a little rest then back on the road of recovery.

Thanks

Love
Carol
xxx

Angel64
31-03-08, 20:04
Hi thanks for the replies and the quote, glad to see so many of us are on the same journey and doing well :yesyes:

Oh and Richie it is brown tones, the walls are dark brown and coffee, with matching curtains and bedding, and also a new bed, and I went extra mad and re-varnished all the pine furniture, so with my lamp and candles lit at night it is a lovely peaceful haven to either relax or sleep in, it really does make for a brighter mood waking up in here in the morning.

Christine xx :flowers:

pink daisy
01-04-08, 09:59
Awww Christy.. just relax and pamper yourself, and it's really good to know that the fact is you know that you will just pick yourself up after you are feeling better and keep getting back the life you want hun xxx

http://www.scarlingtonmoms.org/Images/hugs.gif

margaret911
01-04-08, 19:02
Hi Chris
Thanks for your post about setbacks, it really made me think diferently about these bloody setbacks as I am in one AGAIN now so it does go to show we can make progress even though we keep getting knocked back, once again thank you.
love Mags xxx

chalky
01-04-08, 20:19
Hi Chris,

You really are a very,very special lady.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Keeping things in proper perspective is such a good idea.
You are making great progress.
Keep up the good work.
Best wishes,
Chalky