PDA

View Full Version : Chinese food and Anxiety? .... Anyone??

Pink Panic
31-03-08, 13:39
Hi all

Has anyone else experienced increased anxiety/panic after eating a Chinese. Twice this has happened to me after eating one of those buffet meals where you have a bit of this/that so i can't identify it with a particular meal just possibly a chinese meal. My daughter says it's the MSG in it that's the culprit and is best avoided but i already don't have chocolate, coffee, alcohol and now not my chinese :weep:

Love
Pink
xxx

Piglet
31-03-08, 13:44
Yes I've heard it's the monosodium glutamate in it too!!

Personally speaking these days I can feel anxious just by eating too much at one meal - I seem to do better eating smaller portions more often rather than pigging out like I used to do.

Piglet :flowers:

debera
31-03-08, 14:28
yes i find chinese food brings on my anxiety and panic. it really makes may heart race. it must be the msg they put in it.i ususally tell them not to put the msg in it.
debera

yorkylover
31-03-08, 14:50
Me to and I get a head ache.Its the msg.:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kate
31-03-08, 16:02
Apparently there are some places that no longer put MSG in their foods now.

Maybe a Google search?

By the way, I had the most horrible chicken fried rice on Saturday, all greasy and nasty. Has put me off for life!

Kate

lorac
31-03-08, 20:26
I love chinese food but am too scared to eat it as it makes my heart race so fast and then I feel really uncomfortable and unrelaxed afterwards.

Carol

Richie
31-03-08, 20:28
Don't seem to have that one, guess i just too busy loving chinese food to notice!!!!!!
Richie x x x x

Pink Panic
31-03-08, 20:45
Thanks for all your replies :hugs:

I think i'm gonna try giving it a miss for a bit and see what happens.

Love & Hugs
Pink
xxx

Gryphoenix
03-04-08, 05:25
Yeah MSG and Chinese food sometimes digest strangely with me and I definetly get the heart race thing but I like Chinese food so much that I just don't care lol!

I'll take the racing heart and weird feelings, don't skimp on the yummy Chinese food! :D

Joe1981
03-04-08, 07:00
Yup def the MSG that is added to fill you up faster. You can also get bad migranes from MSG as well as the anxiety.. Try to find a place that cooks without it i'm sure there are some out there, I know here in Canada there are many places that cook without MSG.

licquyd
16-04-08, 18:43
Damn, now i know what i freaked out an hour after eating the PHO.....

Dying_Swan
16-04-08, 18:49
Hiya.

Yea I've felt anxious after big Chinese meals before. My first suggestion would definitely be MSG, but that is in so many things these days that it isn't easy to avoid.

I think I tend to just eat far too much at Chinese restaurants :blush: If I get too full I tend to feel almost a bit 'drunk' on food and that makes me quite anxious.

xxx :flowers:

hazey-babe
16-04-08, 20:09
Yes its the MSG. I have stopped eating Chinese due to the amount of MSG. I have cut out a lot of other things too as trying to help my son who has ADHD and thought if these colours and additives made him hyper then ???? make me more anxious. It seems to help a bit as I'm not as bad but MSG is in loads of things even stock cubes and some flavours of crisp!!!!!

Hazel xox:hugs: